Emerald Sanctuary Questions

loujill

The sanctuary pool is open to the public on the Emerald Princess. The opening to the pool is just outside the "gate" entrance to the sanctuary.

We wandered into the sanctuary on the Emerald Princess and sat down for a few minutes (love the shade) and used the pool briefly. Noone came up to us and asked us to pay or anything. I am a big believer in following the rules and would never have done this if I had known it was fee only. Your comment about the pool being open to the public, yet you were billed for it, confuses me. Would anyone care to clarify?

Don't worry too much. It doesn't fill up that fast. You will have plenty of time the day of embarkation

On our cruise in January Sanctuary filled up very quickly. They only have a certain amount of loungers that they will reserve for the entire cruise. We went up as soon as we boarded, around 12.15 and we got the last two loungers available for reservation for the entire cruise. We were up there every day and there were a lot available so it wasn't full. Do to medical reasons, I need to be in the shade, therefore, it was important to us that we reserve for the week and select the spot we want.

Darlene

We wandered into the sanctuary on the Emerald Princess and sat down for a few minutes (love the shade) and used the pool briefly. Noone came up to us and asked us to pay or anything. I am a big believer in following the rules and would never have done this if I had known it was fee only. Your comment about the pool being open to the public, yet you were billed for it, confuses me. Would anyone care to clarify?

I will try. On the Emeral the pool is not in the Sanctuary and the lounge chairs around the pool and the pool are available to everyone without a fee. The Sanctuary is one deck up from the pool and has thick cushions on the loungers where you are required to pay a fee. You can reserve for the complete cruise where you are assigned a dedicated lounger, you can pay for 1/2 day, or a full day. Does this clarify it for you?

We plan to book the Sanctuary for the first time on our Bermuda/Caribbean cruise next month. We plan to be on-board before Noon, so we shouldn't have an issue getting spots for the week.

Some questions I have, which usually aren't discussed too much, is:

-- What food is served in the Sanctuary.

-- Is there a service charge like there is for the drinks?

-- Can you bring food from the Buffet to the Sanctuary?

We plan to book the Sanctuary for the first time on our Bermuda/Caribbean cruise next month. We plan to be on-board before Noon, so we shouldn't have an issue getting spots for the week.

Some questions I have, which usually aren't discussed too much, is:

-- What food is served in the Sanctuary.

There is a special Sanctuary menu with roll up sandwiches, salads and some other fresh things.(Some Sanctuary stewards will get other food like pizza or hamburgers for you.)

-- Is there a service charge like there is for the drinks?

There is a $3 service charge. Some ships charge per delivery and some charge per day (once we had one delivery the rest were free)

-- Can you bring food from the Buffet to the Sanctuary?

YES. you can bring anything you want!

In general the Stewards were very nice and accommodating. We found that like everything else on Princess the rules were different on each ship.

Archived