Platinum Laundry restricted on Dream

sederot

We sailed on the Dream 24 April cruise, and had a letter in the cabin stating that the Platinum laundry perk was limited to one bag per platinum guest. Is that fleetwide? Or is that only on the Dream.

I have only heard of this on the Dream and this happened to us was when we sailed the Dream on Dec 9th.

There were 600+ Platinum members onboard (so the request was understandable)....

perhaps there was an overload of Platinum members on your cruise????

(because I do not hear of this happening on every Dream cruise)

We were on the 5-1-10 sailing of the Dream and we did not get a notice like this. We only sent one bag, so I am not sure if something would have been said if we tried to send 3 (one per, gives my husband and I 1 bag each)

The only difference we saw was previous to this cruise, we gave them the bag in the morning and it was back in the evening. On the Dream, we gave it in the morning and they brought it back the next day in the evening. That was fine with us, we didn't care. We figured it was because they had more passengers in general. The cruise had about 40 Platinum cruisers. You can tell if you get the free entrance into the slot tournament. They have a list of all the people who are Platinum and eligible for the free entry. You have to sign next to your name because you only get 1 free entry per cruise. That is usually how we tell how many Platinum guests are on the cruise. There seems to be a higher number that do Europe and "new ship" cruises. I suspect on the Magic we will run into the situation of lots on Platinum cruisers on board.

We were on the Dream for the April 10th sailing, and yes, we also received a letter stating we would get one bag only. When I got my free blackjack tournament entry, I could see just how many Platinum cruisers there were - A LOT! I'm guessing that's the reason why; we've never had that happen before. Hopefully on the Freedom in July that won't happen.

We got the letter on our 12/9/09 cruise

I went to the purser's desk and they gave me the unlimited laundry.

How did they give it too you? Make a note on your account or something? Just curious because DW will be platinum next year when we sail on the Magic in Europe. I'm planning on packing lite and one bag for a 12 day cruise isn't going to cut it!

How did they give it too you? Make a note on your account or something? Just curious because DW will be platinum next year when we sail on the Magic in Europe. I'm planning on packing lite and one bag for a 12 day cruise isn't going to cut it!

I don't know how they gave it to this person, but John Heald said it's because of too many platinum and that if someone needed to more they could. They weren't really keeping track just wanted to slow it down. We were on the Elation Panama canal cruisae, we had 150 platinums and 27 milestone and they never said anything about number of bags. We sent 5 in 15 days. Lynda

They made a note on a piece of paper on a clipboard. I really think the one bag per person laundry limit was a bluff to try to get people to cut back on how much laundry they sent out. We had a lot of Platinum cruisers on that inaugural cruise out or Port Canaveral. What really made me mad was that they said that was Carnival's new policy for Platinum members. I checked on-line while I was omn the ship and the policy was the same. We also didn't get the peitit fours like we were supposed to on that cruise.

Sailed 6 times last year (and 2 times already this year) and the Dream (Dec 9th) was the only time a limit was mentioned....again that was because there were 600+ Platinum onboard.

Even then, it was a "request". You could still send as much as you wanted to.

Archived