What to do in Princess Cays

jessie073

We were at Princess Cays last Saturday. It is a total beach day -- grab a lounger and lay out in the sun, rest, relax, do absolutely nothing and forget about reality! Bar waiters walk around taking drink orders. There are a few shops if you want Princess Cays logo items, and a few hair braid huts. BBQ lunch is available and the food was very good. Snorkeling was also very good. Not sure what you mean by "things set up for you to do" -- if you mean 'planned activities' at certain times and in certain locations like it is onboard, the answer is no. There are various watersports (sailboat, aqua bike, kayak, banana boat ride) available for rent.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We were on Princess Cay last July. No parasailing as I recall, but loved the snorkeling. What a beautiful place!! We have gear, but I think they rent. When you get on the island walk to your left as far as you can go and there is a good entry to the water where we saw a lot of neet stuff. Enjoy the Carribean Princess. Lovely boat, good food, too many people!

Princess Keys is a fairly long beach on a little barrier island. Princess doesn't arrange any standard shore excursions here. There is no transportation supplied, nor needed really (other than tenders). You simply walk from the tender to an area of the beach and set up. They supply lunch (bbq), and drinks are available using your cruise card as payment. There are several shops from local vendors.

Hobie cats are available for rent, and there are some other water activites as well, that I don't remember. The snorkeling area is quite nice. Lots of fish, and some coral. The beach area is very nice for swimming and wading as well. And of course relaxing. They usually have beach volleyball games going that you can join if you want.

You could probably arrange for a taxi to pick you up at the back end of the beach and go for a tour of the island, but Princess doesn't encourage it. I have never heard of anyone doing this, and I suppose they may even have some security around to prevent this .... not sure. The beach day itself is a lot of fun, so I have never been tempted to wander off.

There are a couple small trails that you can walk along, exploring the area behind the beach.

• 1 year later...
WThere are a few shops if you want Princess Cays logo items, and a few hair braid huts.

TxGal - do you happen to remember how much the hair braiding was? I think my daughter and her friend would like this. TIA!:)

• 2 weeks later...
When you get on the island walk to your left as far as you can go and there is a good entry to the water where we saw a lot of neet stuff. ... Lovely boat' date=' good food, too many people![/quote']

Thanks for the hint on where to snorkel!

You mentioned too many people ... did you find any way to minimize that problem?

Mike

We were on Princess Cay last July. No parasailing as I recall' date=' but loved the snorkeling. What a beautiful place!! We have gear, but I think they rent. When you get on the island walk to your left as far as you can go and there is a good entry to the water where we saw a lot of neet stuff. Enjoy the Carribean Princess. Lovely boat, good food, too many people![/quote']

Funny we went in the opposite direction and IMO it was awesome...we went so far out that the guys on the Jet Ski kept coming over and checking on us...we had a cuda following us for the longest time...they are so weird and scary looking, but they have bad eye site...JMO I would suggest taking any rings off when snokeling in the bahamas. Or anywhere else for that matter, or where gloves. I like to explore so I have gloves...I would hate to get into some fire coral.

One of the guys on the Jet Ski gave us a hook and told us if we saw any Lobster to hook him up...well, lets just say he was eating good that night :D

• 3 weeks later...

Our snorkling on Princess Cays was FABULOUS!!! When the let you off of the boat, keep walking towards where the cookout will be. There is a covered dock like thing that goes out into the water. Get in to the left of that and swim around to the front. AMAZING!! There were so many I thought I was going to panic. We were there in April and the water was cold, but it was worth it.

Debbie

Archived