Past Passenger Discount

Sauer-kraut

I have been trying to look online at the Cunard website as well as online travel agents but I can't seem to plug in any possible discounts for a less than full fare. I can do this on other lines using a union membership, past passenger, age, where I live, etc. and I might possibly get a tiny portion of the fare reduced. Does the website recognize me as a registered user and past passenger and the rates quoted are already including a discount?

As I want to sail next April to Hamburg and I just found out I can't disembark from an NCL ship in Amsterdam (Its a quicker train ride from there than the end port to Hamburg) I will have to pay more than four times that for the Cunard cruise with a single supplement for the eastbound TA.

Also, do you think the fares will only go up? I can't book before mid-december due to bidding process for vacation at work so I won't know if I can acutally get the dates free that I need. Do they often have a 'sale' closer to sail date where I might get lucky and find it for less than the $1,800 they are quoting now?

It is possible that the Cunard website recognizes you and gives you the past passenger discounts without your actually signing in. It does not do that for me. If I want to check prices on the Cunard site, I "pretend" to make a booking. Just below Government Fees and Taxes in small green print there is a link that says "Please sign in for personalized fares". If you don't see that link, I would say that you have been automatically recognized as a past passenger. You can also call Cunard directly and get quotes. Sometimes the fares on the website are different from those you get by calling.

Remember that you can book directly with Cunard by making a deposit. That deposit is fully refundable (in USA) up until final payment. If you see price drops before final payment, it is just a matter of calling Cunard to get the lower price. You can also book through a travel agent. Some agents charge a cancellation fee, so you would want to be aware of that before booking. Travel agents should also honor price drops, but I would also clarify that before booking. From time to time, travel agents will have Cunard sales with lower deposits. You could look for those. If you book directly with Cunard, you can tranfer your booking to a travel agent at a later time to take advantage of fare discounts or OBC offered by agents.

We wish we could look into our crystal ball and tell whether fares will go up or down on a specific cruise. It is all a matter of supply and demand. If the cruise is selling well, the price will stay the same or go up. If the cruise is not selling well, the price will go down.

Good luck in getting the vacation days that you want so that you can finalize your crossing.

Beth

If you log in , the website should list the best past guest fare currently available to you .;)

If you want to confirm that , call a TA who will confirm it and perhaps offer you an additional discount or SBC if you turn your booking over to them.:D

Yes, special rates , called FLASH rates , are offered after Final payment date pass's, if there is considerable availabiity . These FLASH rates are for new bookings only and can only be seen on TA booking systems , not on Cunard.com.:o

I had the same problem until someone here on the board pointed out that "sign-in" area on the booking page. I got the lower fares. At first everthing I wanted was waitlisted. But I checked back every day and noticed the waitlisted cabins would vary slightly. Finally last week I pulled the trigger on the 6/25 TA. The TA fare was great. The one-way airfare to London however was almost the same. Six hours for the same price as six days. Go figure.

I signed into my account on the Cunard website using the green link but the prices remained the same. I'm guessing they don't give a past passenger discount on all cruises?

I think they do. I check fares on a lot of different voyages and see a difference all the time. In fact,I think that one of the World Club benefits is reduced fares, but I suppose that there is always the possibility of an exception to that rule. I'd check directly with Cunard.

From the Cunard website , World Club :

Guests who have completed one voyage with Cunard will enjoy the following benefits:1

• World Club Member Savings of up to 5% off our Early Booking Savings on all voyages2

1. To receive the benefits, Guests must have completed the necessary voyages and/or days on board prior to the voyage starting. There will be no mid-voyage promotions.

2. You must be a member of the Cunard World Club at the time of booking to receive the Cunard World Club Member Saving.

From the Cunard website , World Club :

Guests who have completed one voyage with Cunard will enjoy the following benefits:1

• World Club Member Savings of up to 5% off our Early Booking Savings on all voyages2

1. To receive the benefits, Guests must have completed the necessary voyages and/or days on board prior to the voyage starting. There will be no mid-voyage promotions.

2. You must be a member of the Cunard World Club at the time of booking to receive the Cunard World Club Member Saving.

Maybe September isn't considered an early booking then? I will call before I book it to check.

Archived