Athens or Piraeus hotels

rosita1

We are looking to stay in Piraeus one night before our cruise in November and wondered if anyone had a recommendation. Or is it better to stay in Athens and where would you stay?

Stay in Athens so you can walk to the old town, Plaka, and go for dinner in a nice 'taverna'.

Piraeus doesn't have good hotels and there isn't anything to do there. Good hotels in Athens are:

Grande Bretagnia, King George, Athens Plaza, Athens Gate, Ava, Hera, Herodion, Hermes, Central, Royal Olympic, Athenian Kaliroys,Philipos and Attalos

Then, on the day of your cruise, you can get a driver to take you to Piraeus. Just my opinion... Have a great trip!!

The port of Piraeus really isn't all that far from Athens -- about a 30 minute drive, if that. There's no reason not to stay in Athens for the night and enjoy a little of the city.

I am staying at the Athens Gate hotel on my upcoming trip this fall. It gets excellent reviews and is well located -- right across from the new Acropolis museum.

To read lots of personal opinions and reviews, simply "google" the name of your hotel anbd city/town followed by the word "reviews".

There are a number of review sites which wil appear in the results, tripadvisor is one of the largest and is usually in the top 3 or 5 of the results.

I just tried your hotel name, tripadvisor have over 300 reviews of it and people have rated it #9 of Athens hotels.

Happy reading!

To read lots of personal opinions and reviews, simply "google" the name of your hotel anbd city/town followed by the word "reviews".

There are a number of review sites which wil appear in the results, tripadvisor is one of the largest and is usually in the top 3 or 5 of the results.

I just tried your hotel name, tripadvisor have over 300 reviews of it and people have rated it #9 of Athens hotels.

Happy reading!

Thanks Edinburgher - been there done that...just concerned at lack of comment or recommendation for the hotel on CC.

Archived