table size

momx8

we are going to be on the splendor in august with a large group and I was wondering how many people can be seated at one table in the main dining room.

We had a large group and requested (and received) a table for 12 on the Miracle. If your group is any larger than that, you can probably get two tables for 8 or 10 right next to each other.

On the Holiday a couple of years ago, we had a travel party of 8 and at our large round dining table we had 2 additional couples, for a total of 12.

On Valor a few months ago, I think I remember seeing a party of 14 spring breakers at one table. They were teeny tiny skinny little college girls, but still. FOURTEEN of 'em!

We had a large group and requested (and received) a table for 12 on the Miracle. If your group is any larger than that, you can probably get two tables for 8 or 10 right next to each other.

Frank, did you request before actually going to the MDR to eat? Indulge my ignorance, this will be my first cruise, but we'll be a party of 12 as well and wondering WHEN and to WHOM I should speak once getting on board. All of our reservations are linked together, so hopefully they already know we're a party of 12, but maybe not? :confused:

Frank, did you request before actually going to the MDR to eat? Indulge my ignorance, this will be my first cruise, but we'll be a party of 12 as well and wondering WHEN and to WHOM I should speak once getting on board. All of our reservations are linked together, so hopefully they already know we're a party of 12, but maybe not? :confused:

You need to speak with the person who booked your cruise (TA or Carnival vacation planner) to check this out. The maitr'de can and will mqke changes once you are aboard (he's usually not available until dinner time the first night) but I don't think they would be able to accomadate your large group on short notice.

We were a party of 12 on the Splendor last June (one of the last Canadian cruises because of the Swine Flu). We had requested a table for 12 through our TA but when my brother and I went to the Dining Room after we boarded we found we were all scattered (3 different tables in three different locations). We found out when the Matre D' would be in the MDR and joined the line when he got there. He quickly arranged the table for 12 as we requested including the first night. He was one of the best Matre D's I have ever had and for the first time in my cruising history tipped him. He visited our table every night and even delivered items he had prepared on his own using old family recipes. Just a fantastic guy!

We were a party of 12 on the Splendor last June (one of the last Canadian cruises because of the Swine Flu). We had requested a table for 12 through our TA but when my brother and I went to the Dining Room after we boarded we found we were all scattered (3 different tables in three different locations). !

Do be aware ... you can't request table size with Carnival. ...that's why it didn't work. Carnival used to have this as a choice .. they no longer have a place on the booking to request table size. Someone can always add notes to a booking ..but that's all it is.

The largest table I've ever seen was a long rectangular table for 14 on Victory. We had a party of 13 and were all seated at a large round table. It was set for 12 (even though all 13 of us were assigned to it) when we arrived for dinner the first night and the waiter was extremely flustered. His assistant got another chair and we had plenty of room. The second night we arrived and there still were only 12 chairs and our waiter was confused again. Did he think one of us was only coming to dinner one night?? lol I thnk by the fourth night, he finally got it. Anyway, on the last morning of the cruise, we were seated for breakfast at the long table for 14 We sure could have used it all week!

We have 16 cruising in November. I expect we'll have two tables of 8, but it could be a table for 10 and another for 6 or 12 and 4.

Just a quick comment/note regarding changing assigned tables:

First, when you check in for your cruise, your dining room and table number are printed on your sail and sign card. So, you will be able to see immediately if you are assigned to the same table. (and if you aren't, please don't harrass the poor check-in clerk - they cannot modify your table assignment.)

Second, if you are NOT all assigned to the same table, you can go to the Maitr'de shortly after you board the ship and request to be assigned to the same table. However, when we did this on the Holiday a couple of years ago, we ALL had to go to see the Maitr'de together in order to get it modified.

The largest is supposed to be a tentop. Do be aware if they put 12 at a tentop the chairs are going to be elbow elbow.

On the Splendor, there is a 12 top just inside the entrance. The table was NOT a 10 top with 2 chairs added, but a large 12 top.

I confirmed our MDR arrangements a couple of weeks ago.

We are a party of 20 and have 2 tables of 10.

They told me if our group was larger, they would have to set us up with 3 tables.

Just a note, we're on the Inspiration:). I'm sure larger ships have different set-ups.

We had our reservations linked, but one couple got left off. We originally had a table for 10. Went to the Matre d' when we boarded and he had us a table for 12 by dinner time.

I have been with a group of 12 and we were at 2 6 tops closeby and you could talk. I have been at a table for 12 and could not converse with people at the other end so it was pointess being at a large table (unless round) and I believe unless you are sardines and don't mind sitting in each others laps (very uncomfortable). I would personally request if need be 2 tables side by side or close by and then after the meal switch up and visit.

Archived