Pet free rooms in Venice

Who Me?!

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Anyone know of a pet free hotel in Venice? The Bauer told me they have no pet free rooms.

Thank you!

A quick check shows that the Best Western Hotel Ala at San Marco 2494 - Campo Santa Maria Del Giglio, Venezia has a "no pets allowed" policy:

http://www.worldexecutive.com/locations/italy/venice/4537.html

The hotel has a 4.5 rating with TripAdvisor.

Motel 6 allows 1 pet but frankly I do not know any animal lover that only has one pet LOL.I would love to find pet friendly motels and hotels here in the states as I haveeven had bad experineces leaving my cats at home even having relatives pet sit! My trips are not fun when I have to constantly worry about what is going on at home with my critters :(

Quite a drop from the Bauer to the Best Western in Venice, methinks.

Europeans love their dogs, but aside from a few yappers in Louis Vuitton Bags, I doubt the Bauer or any other hotel in Venice gets many dogs, although they may not expressly prohibit them. I know that I've never noticed many. It just doesn't seem like the place to bring a dog, with the throngs of pedestrians everywhere.

Quite a drop from the Bauer to the Best Western in Venice, methinks.

Europeans love their dogs, but aside from a few yappers in Louis Vuitton Bags, I doubt the Bauer or any other hotel in Venice gets many dogs, although they may not expressly prohibit them. I know that I've never noticed many. It just doesn't seem like the place to bring a dog, with the throngs of pedestrians everywhere.

Perhaps you could suggest a luxurious hotel that is also pet-free?

Sometimes hotels use Best Western and other reservation systems primarily or only to attract and book clients. I recall that the hotels in the Woodside Hotels Group, including the Stanford Park Hotel in Menlo Park, which is very nice, used to do that. The Bodega Bay Lodge is part of the same group. Before they were Woodside Hotels they were part of Western Lodging, and there was most definitely a small Best Western logo at the corner of the page (on the back cover of AAA Northern California tour books for many years). If you called the toll-free Best Western telephone number, a number that was incredibly easy to remember, you would be transferred to those other hotels and the reservation continued through them, not Best Western, as I recall. That easy-to-remember telephone number got those hotels a lot of reservations.

When I lived in Europe I recall some very nice independent hotels that affiliated themselves with Best Western or other companies yet did not "appear" to be Best Western hotels in the sense that most travelers understand, e.g. no Best Western logo items anywhere in the rooms and very upgraded amenities.

I haven't stayed in any of the Venice hotels mentioned, but if the original poster checks other areas of Cruise Critic, then there are some opinions about the hotels expressed.

Kissing Seahorses, now we have complaints about smoke free and pet free. I want human free.:D

FYI, the Ritz Carlton does allow small pets. Also in France pets are allowed everywhere. Nobody died that I heard of because of having puppies or a kitty with them shopping in a grocery.

Now, can they just eliminate those screaming kid's who are uncontrolled by their parents in my grocery store.:eek: I want a no kids store. It's my turn.:p I am highly allergic.

Hope everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Anyone know of a pet free hotel in Venice? The Bauer told me they have no pet free rooms.

Thank you!

I found a web site that seems to identify pet friendly hotels. Click on the following link. Then type in Venice, Click on Italy, put in the dates of travel and it seems to bring up pet friendly hotels. Good luck.

http://www.doginmysuitcase.com/hotels/pet_friendly_hotels.php?state=&city=Venice&amenities=129

Keith

I found a web site that seems to identify pet friendly hotels. Click on the following link. Then type in Venice, Click on Italy, put in the dates of travel and it seems to bring up pet friendly hotels. Good luck.

http://www.doginmysuitcase.com/hotels/pet_friendly_hotels.php?state=&city=Venice&amenities=129

Keith

That's a very cute website (great name) and very helpful for anyone interested in locating a pet-friendly hotel. Did you provide the link so that the original poster could narrow down her choice by excluding the hotels on the "Dog in My Suitcase" website, since she is looking for a pet-free hotel?

Looking over the list, it certainly appears that the trend is to travel with a pet. It's a great resource, Keith. Thank you for posting it.

That's a very cute website (great name) and very helpful for anyone interested in locating a pet-friendly hotel. Did you provide the link so that the original poster could narrow down her choice by excluding the hotels on the "Dog in My Suitcase" website, since she is looking for a pet-free hotel?

Absolutely. This web site shows the pet friendly hotels. That way the OP could determine whether or not the hotel they were considering was on this list. If on this list, pets are welcome. If not on this list it would then allow them to double check with the hotel to verify that it is indeed pet free.

Hopefully it will help or at least be a good starting point.

Keith

Absolutely. This web site shows the pet friendly hotels. That way the OP could determine whether or not the hotel they were considering was on this list. If on this list, pets are welcome. If not on this list it would then allow them to double check with the hotel to verify that it is indeed pet free.

Hopefully it will help or at least be a good starting point.

Keith

Oh, I just edited my post to thank you for the list, since it really is a super resource, either way.

You sure found a great one!

I just stayed in Reno with my dog. The room (at a very large high rise hotel) was $39 for us plus an additional $30 for our dog! Really ridiculous (if you knew my dog) but we had no choice. Occasionally I find motels where there is no pet charge but they are few and far between.

When we were in Europe, people took their dogs everywhere, esp. into restaurants and bars, so to the OP, you may find a hotel with no pets but you will see them everywhere you go.

Cathy

Archived