Celebrity "WOW" sale for reduced deposit?

jewelinthesand

HI,

does anyone know when celebrity might be having their sale which allows you to pay a half priced deposit? I have heard on these boards that it usually follows Royal Caribbean's but that was a couple of weeks ago and I keep calling Celebrity but nothing yet.

I am trying to book a cruise for april 2012 and since it's so far away I would prefer to only have to put down 450.00 rather than the usual 900.00.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks so much

Last night, I almost booked a cruise for December on the Celebrity website. The deposit would have been $500 for 2. There is a sale going on; don't know if it reaches 2012, though!

Thanks everyone. i will definitely post back here the minute i find out when it is. i called celebrity on sunday and they said they do it twice a year but don't know when the next one is. the cruise i plan to book for april 2012 is a 12 nighter and therefore, that is a 900.00 deposit. so i'm really hoping their sale is soon so that i can get that at 450.00. i had read on one of these boards that it usually is a week or two after the royal caribbean WOW sale but it's been over two weeks now since that one so still nothing. i plan to call about twice a week to celebrity so that i don't end up missing it.

i always get emails from royal but not sure i'll see an email from celebrity on this. i always book directly with the ship so I don't use a TA.

hopefully it will be soon.

There are always deals out there and they vary from country to country and sailing to sailing. Just know that overall prices are higher for 2011/12 cruises and that the lowest prices for choice cabins will be in the first few months after the cruise has opened for booking. The sales often come after the choice cabins are booked, so if you are interested in a particular cabin, speak early. If low price matters then wait for the guarantee cabins to surface. A cruiser has to be vigilant :).

• 2 weeks later...

still no WOW sale with celebrity yet, i call them a couple of times a week. it should be soon because everything i'm reading on these boards say it's usually a week or so after royal caribbean does theirs but royal did theirs on may 18/19. still waiting though. i really don't want to pay 900.00 deposit so far away from the cruise if i can help it. and i only want to book directly with celebrity - much more flexibility that way and so much easier to change cabins if i wish, etc., etc. so here i sit waiting.

I would suggest signing up for emails from online TA's. That way, you are more likely to hear about Celebrity sales. I booked with Celebrity during a half price deposit plus OBC sale back in January and then switched the reservation to a TA who advertises on CC who also gave me pre-paid gratuities. It does pay to shop around!

The deposti factor is essentially academic given the almost present zero interest rate.

??? not sure what you mean. but the reason i'm waiting for the WOW sale with half price deposit is because the deposit for a 12 night is 900.00 and for a cruise that is more than a year and a half away, i don't want to put that much money out so early. so i am waiting for the half price deposit sale - and also i'll get about 200.00 on board credit in that sale as well.

I would suggest signing up for emails from online TA's. That way, you are more likely to hear about Celebrity sales. I booked with Celebrity during a half price deposit plus OBC sale back in January and then switched the reservation to a TA who advertises on CC who also gave me pre-paid gratuities. It does pay to shop around!

thanks for the tip. i am an elite member and have been assured that I will receive an email just like i do with royal but i still call once or twice a week anyway. :) i have never switched my reservation to a TA but it might not be a bad idea if i'll get prepaid grat out of the deal. :) if i do that though it won't be till a month or so before final payment that way i'm sure i'm still going. i really don't like dealing with TA's because any time you want to change anything at all in your reservation, or even cancel, there is a fee. even if the price goes down, IF they will even give you the lower fare, there is a fee. that's why i only book direct with celebrity and royal. but i know of many people who switch to a TA just before final payment and get pre paid grat etc. so it may be worth doing. main thing now is just getting the half price dep sale with the onboard credit. sinc you said they did it in january i'm guessing then that it will be july or aug before they do it again.

thanks for the info.

thanks for the tip. i am an elite member and have been assured that I will receive an email just like i do with royal but i still call once or twice a week anyway. :) i have never switched my reservation to a TA but it might not be a bad idea if i'll get prepaid grat out of the deal. :) if i do that though it won't be till a month or so before final payment that way i'm sure i'm still going. i really don't like dealing with TA's because any time you want to change anything at all in your reservation, or even cancel, there is a fee. even if the price goes down, IF they will even give you the lower fare, there is a fee. that's why i only book direct with celebrity and royal. but i know of many people who switch to a TA just before final payment and get pre paid grat etc. so it may be worth doing. main thing now is just getting the half price dep sale with the onboard credit. sinc you said they did it in january i'm guessing then that it will be july or aug before they do it again.

thanks for the info.

You are dealing with the wrong TA.My TA does everything, sometimes I find a deal first on line, but I have never been charged a fee for changes ( and i change a lot for the best deal).

Interesting because we just got nailed for a deposit the was about 25% of the fare 18 months out and that struck me as a bit steep. I will monitor this thread for updates....if I may.;)

They are doing this on all Suites now. Too many people book these cabins and are not really serious about going - whihc leaves them with suites down the road when people cancel. I htink they just want some assurance that you are serious when you book an upscale cabin. Makes sense to me.

Archived