What cabin on the ship? Carnival Glory

CRLAUMAN

I don't really like the see-saw analogy. The bows moves up and down more than the stern. The stern seems to get more side-to-side wiggle.

I was in 2342, an inside cabin. Great cabin. Next to no movement; good central location; lower price; quiet.

Be careful on that deck, though. If you are a little further aft, you are under the galley. You do NOT want to be under the galley. Look at the deck plans not only for the cabin deck you're looking at, but at what is above and over you.

Soooo, the bow goes up and the stern "just wiggles?" That would be a basic misunderstanding of the laws of physics and the construction of a ship. The see-saw analogy is about perfect for pitching motion (bow and stern going up and down). The ship pivots around its Center of Motion (the center of the see-saw) and if the bow goes up, the stern goes down, and vice versa. Same but opposite distance every time.

This is a very subjective question however. Some people like the motion, some don't. Some people are susceptible to seasickness, some aren't. I love forward cabins, and particularly those that are under the bridge and have their own veranda looking forward -- an awesome way to enter ports. If, however, you want to reduce the motion, you want to be in the middle (amidships) -- measuring from bow to stern.

As for rolling, being in a mid-level cabin -- measuring from top to bottom -- is better. They used to say "stay low" but with today's ships designs that is no longer really true. The Center of Motion is significantly higher in a modern ship than in ships of old, so if you go really low, you will be rolling a lot too.

Remember, that while a cruise ship does move in the seas, the motion is nothing like a small boat's being tossed all over the place by each and every wave. A cruise ship moves the same ways but much more slowly, so the motion is not as bothersome. Some people still do get seasick, but it is different.

I do like to check what is above and below my cabin for obvious sources of noise. That being said, I was above the ship's show lounge on one cruise and never heard a thing.

We just booked a cruise on the Glory for March. We picked the Empress deck, mid ship. Our pvp helped us pick the right cabin for our needs. No pool above us, no disco below us. Not near an elevator etc...

We LOVE the Glory. We were on her 8/29/09, 9/19/09,10/30/09 and 1/10/10. And we have booked a B2B in Nov. on her, along with our crusing buddies. We really like deck 9, inside OR outside. This is the buffet & pool deck. Inside, 9291 or 9292 are inside, handicapped, but 9202 is an INSIDE With a window in the very front bow of the ship. This is where we'll be for our B2Bs. We do not ask for handicapped but theb rochure does not say they where handicapped!

Archived