I am going to smuggle

pamwinn

my dog aboard. How much do I need to tip my steward to keep him quiet?

I have a great plan. I will buy a case of coke, and replace the cola with my dog (she's a 8 pound minpin). She knows "quiet" and "still" so I think I can just walk on with her. :D

Tip him/her in sloppy wet dog kisses. :D I wish I could train my cats to sit still or be quiet so I could smuggle them on board! Just taking them for a ride in a car, they howl the entire time. :rolleyes:

You can always say your dog is a service dog and you need him there to wake you in case of an emergency.. No disrespect, but you do know certain nationalites on board eat dog. You might want to leave the critter home..

:eek: BBQ???????? Oh Dear

Pam,

I know how you feel......Our dog is starting to lose her eyesight and I am very worried about leaving her when we go on our cruise this summer. I am trying to convince one of our son's friends to take care of her while we are gone. I think that the coke carton idea would work!;)

Linda

just a thought...if you are able to somehow smuggle your dog onboard, do you have a plan for explaining it to the customs agents upon your return without proper documentation of shots, etc.? if you don't have proper papers to prove that the dog is from the United States, they might think you are trying to smuggle the little pooch from one of the islands. additionally, you have to declare any animals you have on your customs form. if you respond that you do not have any, and are then found to have your dog, it is a federal felony to lie on a customs form. it might be safer to leave the little guy at home unless you want him being kept in quarentine while they check to ensure that he is not brining any diseases into the country.

Guest Host Tink
just a thought...if you are able to somehow smuggle your dog onboard, do you have a plan for explaining it to the customs agents upon your return without proper documentation of shots, etc.? if you don't have proper papers to prove that the dog is from the United States, they might think you are trying to smuggle the little pooch from one of the islands. additionally, you have to declare any animals you have on your customs form. if you respond that you do not have any, and are then found to have your dog, it is a federal felony to lie on a customs form. it might be safer to leave the little guy at home unless you want him being kept in quarentine while they check to ensure that he is not brining any diseases into the country.

Hi, just stepping in with a word of caution here. I'm going to echo what CruzControl has said. What you are planning on doing is illegal and can be grounds for doing time in a Federal Prison for smuggling. Is your pooch really worth doing something illegal? It's great that puppy knows quiet and sit, but how about "You can't poop/pee here", unless you have a really talented puppy that's potty trained.... I think you're asking for trouble if you do this.

I was just kidding. Though I do miss my dogs (I actually have 3 minpins) when I am cruising, I know they are safe and well cared for in their own home by a friend who is able to tolerate their hyperactivity and constant demands for attention and human contact. They would not welcome the steward. Cruising is not in their future. :)

my dog aboard. How much do I need to tip my steward to keep him quiet?

I have a great plan. I will buy a case of coke, and replace the cola with my dog (she's a 8 pound minpin). She knows "quiet" and "still" so I think I can just walk on with her. :D

Great idea.Crap there goes my case of beer. :mad: Tip a buck per pound. :) I was also thinking of smuggling our Sam on as he was born in a tux and we supply the tie. :D He may be better dressed and certainly more behaved than some cruisers. :eek:

Steve

We were on the Diamond 1/22/05, and there was a disabled woman in a wheel chair with a beautiful golden laborador by her side. The dog was the most lovable, quiet, considerate, and tolerant animal on board. If only the humans on board could have acted like that animal, it would have been the perfect cruise.:rolleyes:

So how about my parakeet GONZO, he is a riot and would keep all entertained, he is well behaved talks up a storm and wolf whistles at all the ladies he sees, he is a charmer. So may be I could pass him off as an entertainer, you think :)

Cori

So how about my parakeet GONZO, he is a riot and would keep all entertained, he is well behaved talks up a storm and wolf whistles at all the ladies he sees, he is a charmer. So may be I could pass him off as an entertainer, you think :)

Cori

Hey, you're onto something. Why not have a Princess Pet Idol show? What a riot that would be! Passengers would have to audition their pets before acceptance to enter the grand finale! :D

We were on the Diamond 1/22/05, and there was a disabled woman in a wheel chair with a beautiful golden laborador by her side. The dog was the most lovable, quiet, considerate, and tolerant animal on board. If only the humans on board could have acted like that animal, it would have been the perfect cruise.:rolleyes:

Too true, elliair, he was an absolute sweetheart!

I know how you feel......Our dog is starting to lose her eyesight and I am very worried about leaving her when we go on our cruise this summer.

Why don't you buy him sunglasses and tell the crew you're his seeing-eye person...:D

No disrespect, but you do know certain nationalites on board eat dog. You might want to leave the critter home..

I was trying to find a tactful way of saying the same thing. Guess there is no tactful way to say that... :rolleyes:

That's a poor generalization of some asian cultures.

Being asian myself, rest assured that dog eating (although it exists) is very uncommon and only happens in some of the poorest and most remote pockets of these countries.

I guess i'm just a little defensive. If you see a filipino steward, please don't classify them as such, as they likely have never touched the stuff and do not deserve the bad rap.

Hey Speechless....

Thank you for bringing up that point defending our mutual background, would love to have you over for a BBQ sometime........Lab or German Shepard?:). People around the world eat different things as part of what is available to them. In the Middle East, camel is not uncommon, South America- guinea(sp?) pig, China- cats, and here in the US......a cow's butt.......just food for thought.....;)......Dennis

Archived