Oceana - Beware of music

gabriella3645

Just returned from a 2 week cruise on Oceana. We had a balcony cabin on promenade deck (C522) which was fine but we could not get any sleep until nearly lam every night as there was loud music being played in the winner's bar which is immediately below. After complaining we were told that all music should stop by 11.30 and the situation would be monitered and it would not happen again. Needless to say it carried on and we made several complaints more. Please don't think we are miserable people but enough is enough and if we wanted to be kept awake with loud music we could have gone to Playa las Americas in Tenerife. So all you people going on the Oceana beware promenade deck mid-ship if you can.

Just returned from a 2 week cruise on Oceana. We had a balcony cabin on promenade deck (C522) which was fine but we could not get any sleep until nearly lam every night as there was loud music being played in the winner's bar which is immediately below. After complaining we were told that all music should stop by 11.30 and the situation would be monitered and it would not happen again. Needless to say it carried on and we made several complaints more. Please don't think we are miserable people but enough is enough and if we wanted to be kept awake with loud music we could have gone to Playa las Americas in Tenerife. So all you people going on the Oceana beware promenade deck mid-ship if you can.

Music does not stop at 11.30 on any ship.

More like 12.30 or 0200 in the disco.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Hi. Maybe I did not make the situation clear. I know the disco goes on until 02.00 and I know music goes on elsewhere until l2.30 but we were told that this particular bar should finish by 11.30. I can only go by what the manager of the reception bar told me. By the way the disco is sound proofed so it causes no problem to anyone.

Linda.

Just returned from a 2 week cruise on Oceana. We had a balcony cabin on promenade deck (C522) which was fine but we could not get any sleep until nearly lam every night as there was loud music being played in the winner's bar which is immediately below. ............................................... So all you people going on the Oceana beware promenade deck mid-ship if you can.

Somewhat confusing as C Deck is not the Promenade Deck, that is E deck.

Normally C is a good choice, but maybe not that section above the Winners Bar.

Sorry got confused. This was my first cruise and we were definitely on C deck midship by the winners bar .

I would like to say Oceana has a lot going for her and should we decide to cruise again we would definitely be very selective and request a cabin in a quiet area.

Linda

Yes its always a good idea to study the deck plans in the brochure and check the cabin you fancy is not under a public room or pool, next to a launderette or too near the lifts (you may hear the ping,ping of the lifts all the time).

You learn as you go along, and I hope you enjoy the next cruise,

Yes its always a good idea to study the deck plans in the brochure and check the cabin you fancy is not under a public room or pool, next to a launderette or too near the lifts (you may hear the ping,ping of the lifts all the time).

You learn as you go along, and I hope you enjoy the next cruise,

We have been next to the outside lifts twice on Arcadia.

Honest we did try to hear something but we failed.

In fact in 14 different cabins we have not heard anything, most of our early ones being on A deck.

:):)Happy Cruising:):)

:cool:

Dai

Jings, the amount of posts with people moaning about loud music and children in pools is unbelievable! First time cruise with wife and 6yr old Daughter coming up and I hope it is lively! Maybe the author of this post should consider a Saga holiday:)

Jings, the amount of posts with people moaning about loud music and children in pools is unbelievable! First time cruise with wife and 6yr old Daughter coming up and I hope it is lively! Maybe the author of this post should consider a Saga holiday:)

Had to reply to this one ----as someone who needs a relaxing holiday this year and some chill out time I really would NOT appreciate lots of loud music and certainly would hate (and I mean it would ruin my holiday) if the pool was full of children all the time and I was 'ducking for cover'. :(

BUT, that doesn't mean to say I need a SAGA holiday, it just means that it wouldn't suit us ... and that's why I do my homework and make sure that I get a hotel that suits us. I have nothing against loud music or children and appreciate that some folk would be bored rigid if it was too quiet and their children had nowhere to play. BUT that also means that I would expect other guests to be respectful of folks who may not want the same.

Give the new poster the benefit of the doubt - they were being helpful and reminding us that it is wise to check where your cabin is before you book it!

:)

Thanks for your comments Presto2. My feelings exactly.

For the benefit of Andyboy I am not old enough for a Saga holiday but believe you me a very large percentage on the cruise were and they knew how to moan and a lot of them were so rude.

This was my first cruise and if I decide on another one I would definitely do my homework before booking. It is true from an earlier comment made you learn as you go along.

Thanks for your comments Presto2. My feelings exactly.

For the benefit of Andyboy I am not old enough for a Saga holiday but believe you me a very large percentage on the cruise were and they knew how to moan and a lot of them were so rude.

This was my first cruise and if I decide on another one I would definitely do my homework before booking. It is true from an earlier comment made you learn as you go along.

And I'm sure that if you keep coming back to cruiseforum you'll get lots of great help of the people of the site. I must admit when we were checking out cruises this year (we've only ever done one too!) there were some replies that made me think that I would never book with P&O. Now I have realised that there are lots of really helpful people out there and am now posting on here and Celebrity (as we have 2 cruises booked ---one for next year!) Great people on both --- oh and the OV site as that is where we got such a lot of help last year! :)

Have another great cruise

Thanks for that info, am going on Oceana to Med on 26th June. Be glad of any tips about this ship

We are in C336 and C416 on Oceana Med Cruise end of June 2010, first time on P&O. Hope we are away from the noise, at least after midnight.

Mare Viaje

We are in C336 and C416 on Oceana Med Cruise end of June 2010, first time on P&O. Hope we are away from the noise, at least after midnight.

Mare Viaje

Yes, you will need an early night so you can get up early to keep your appointment for your blue rinse!!!:)

Archived