Dune Buggy Adventure

dotshub

• 3 weeks later...

My DD and I just did the dune buggy excursion last week. They would not let anyone who was pregnant participate as it was very bumpy in spots. You cannot drive slowly, as you must keep up with the group, and if you do drive slowly in a deep sand area, you'll get stuck (as someone in our group did).

If you have concerns about your back, I'd recommend renting a golf cart independently (not offered through the cruise line). You won't be going off road, and you'll stick to paved roads.

Just remember that Grand Turk is a tiny island - 7.5 mile long by 1.5 miles wide. You'll be able to see most of what is worthwhile in the golf carts.

• 2 weeks later...
SASA13 - my dune buggy excursion is sold out too...:( for the first week of august. do you think they keep some open for people who want to book on the ship??? or does anyone know an independent tour for this??

There were 11 dune buggies available when we were in GT in June. The excursion was sold out long before the ship sailed. Grand Turk is a very small island with limited facilities. You might want to rent a golf cart from Nathan if there are any available.

If you Google Grand Turk you should be able to find a website that has other alternatives.

Archived