2 More Weeks to Wait for Magic's Homeport

spencercoop

Here is the announcement from John's blog.

I know many of you are anxiously awaiting the news on where your Carnival Magic will call home. The final decision is being made I am told soon and we will be ready to announce the winner within the next two weeks. I thought it would be interesting to put a poll in the field. I like that…………put a poll in the field………….very West Wing….to see where you think the Carnival Magic should be based.

The poll has Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, New Orleans, and Galveston as choices for the homeport of the Magic.

He also added this.

I am starting to hear about some of the hardware we will put on your Carnival Magic and there are some very exciting and very brand new items that I cannot wait to tell you about.

I wonder what the "very exciting and very brand new" items are???

Well - there goes NY!:p My guess is they will put Magic in PC, and move Dream elsewhere.

Why would they homeport the Magic in PC and move the Dream somewhere else. Why not just keep the Dream in PC and homeport the Magic wherever they are going to. They are the same class ships, so why would it make sense moving the Dream?

I hope they open up that bottle neck that occurs at the coffee shop.....

thank goodness for Lower Dream Street to avoid the traffic when I was late for karaoke!!! :D

Here is the announcement from John's blog.

The poll has Miami, Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, New Orleans, and Galveston as choices for the homeport of the Magic.

Whatever!! I don't care anymore!!! LOL:D

We were on the Dream's blogger cruise and during one of the Q&A sessions John said they were looking at the Lido area to see if something could be done about long lines and general congestion in that area. All the Conquest class seem to have congestion problems on Lido and I have often wondered why they haven't fixed it. Maybe they will this time.

How many times have we heard that we'll hear something in two weeks? Hope he's right this time.

Why would they homeport the Magic in PC and move the Dream somewhere else. Why not just keep the Dream in PC and homeport the Magic wherever they are going to. They are the same class ships, so why would it make sense moving the Dream?

I have been asking myself that very question. Fantasy was happy in Mobile, why would Carnival move Fantasy and give them Elation, when they are the same class of ships.

... so Carnival HAS done this ...and recently. Since when does sense have anything to do with Carnival decisions.

I have been asking myself that very question. Fantasy was happy in Mobile, why would Carnival move Fantasy and give them Elation, when they are the same class of ships.

... so Carnival HAS done this ...and recently. Since when does sense have anything to do with Carnival decisions.

There reason the gave was because the Elation has azipods and the Fantasy does not. The azipods will make it easier maneuvering out of Mobile they said.

How many times have we heard that we'll hear something in two weeks? Hope he's right this time.

Reminds me of the Elation. Two more weeks or one more month. It turned into a long time. The Elation's schedule was not released until September!:eek: This better not happen with the Magic!

spencer ... do you have the link on how to vote? Iv seen the blog but dont know how to post to it or vote. do you have to have a password?

Here is the link to the blog.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2010/06/02/do-you-believe-in-magic/

Just scroll down to almost the end of the page and you will see the poll. You don't need a password or anything to vote.

Here is the link for the poll to make it easier.

http://polldaddy.com/poll/3291745/

Exactly! Brand new ship to compete with Disney's new ships coming out of PC.

The winner is....

NEW ORLEANS!

I hope so. It would make sense. It's easier than ever for folks to get to New Orleans thanks to increasing flights to the airport, plus Amtrak could be adding more service within the next year/year and a half...N.O is already the Southern hub for Amtrak. The cruise port couldn't be in a better location, and with the multi million dollar expansion underway at the Julia St terminal, it just seems like a win/win situation to me. That being said, if we don't get the Magic, I'd be happy with a 2nd ship. I'm not picky. ;)

Archived