Guided Tours In Rome

Shootrays

We pciked up a tour right at the Colloseum for about 40 Euros including admission. It gave preferred entry to the arena, plus a walking tour of the Palatine hills. It was excellent.

Paul

We were in Rome in November and someone in our Roll Call found Ron in Rome for a day tour. There were 4 of us and the full day was (I think) 150euros total plus tip + your admission to the sites (we got the roma pass) It's mostly a walking tour but we did use buses and metro too. It was fantastic and Ron is great.

We did Collisium and Palentine Hill, lots of churches, Victor Emmanual Monument, Pantheon, Trevi, Spanish Steps. Went to the entrance of Capitoline Museums but didn't get time to go in.

He's an American living in Rome. He also has a great website with tip on visiting. He also posts on the Italy forum here on CC.

Check him out:

www dot roninrome dot com

We also used Fabrizio with Allarounditaly dot net for a Rome by Night tour and that was alot of fun. Did that our arrival day and it was a great way to get a first glimpse of Rome. Fabrizio is a hoot

This past October we used Stefano with RomeCabs for our transfers (airport/hotel/ship) along with a night tour on the day of our arrival and for an all-day tour which included a private guide for the Vatican. We'd use him again in a heartbeat.

We used Rome Cabs for tour of Rome and transfer to hotel and to the ship. Alberto our guide was absolutely wonderful. He was very knowledgable and kind and made our trip. I highly recommend Rome Cabs.

We will be extending our cruise with a 3 night stay in Rome in Sept., 2010. Can anyone recommend tour companies that they have used for guided tours while staying in Rome?

Thanks.

We were in Rome last May and had 5 days in Rome. We used Romeinlimo for a city tour and it made it extremely helpful to know what and where we wanted to return to. I was nice to get a lay of the land, so to speak. If you do a search for Romeinlimo, you will see MANY recommendations. I had used Romeinlimo for several occasions before last May and decided to use them again even though we were staying in Rome because the experience is really something in itself.

I have been to Rome twice in September... FABULOUS time! My favorite!

If you combine other ports with Romeinlimo, they will also offer you a discount. That is what we did, along with airport transfers. They were exceptional and did not require prepayment.

Enjoy! Rome is such a great city!

Archived