tipping

razzzbere

I was just reading a travel book and it said that you don't tip for room service, its included in the daily tipping rate. I've always tipped for that, but now I'm not so sure. Any thoughts???

I was just reading a travel book and it said that you don't tip for room service, its included in the daily tipping rate. I've always tipped for that, but now I'm not so sure. Any thoughts???

here is my thought...give the guy a buck or two as it won't matter in the long run and you don't have to go crazy wondering what to do....:rolleyes:

We're always too full for room service, but if we did order it we would tip a buck or two.

Maybe you don't technically have to tip, but you don't have to tip at a restaurant either.

Shay

Now I know someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that the people that deliver room service are "kitchen staff" not wait staff and therefore do not get in on the tips?????

I always tip a buck or two depending on how large the order is, we use room service (a couple pots of coffee) for wake up service, and keep a little stack of ones just for this.

Cheers, Carole

In my opinion: Your travel book in incorrect for Carnival. It is customary to tip for room service a couple of bucks or so.

EACH cruise line has its own way of doing and dividing tips. So unless the travel book listed cruiseline by cruiseline, the travel book was wrong!

Must have been a very general book. On Carnival room service is not included.

You can go on the carnival site and see how the $10 pp per day is broken out and see the person who delivers your room service is not included for yourself if you want it in writing...

Its not included. Please tip a couple of bucks..as you would for any other special service you wanted.

Archived