Pisa Tower Tickets

ronnie64

The website says...The tourist must show the cashier the same document that appears in the voucher.

The choices are "passport" or "identity card" with numbers required for each. Wasn't sure if a driver's license would be considered an "identity card" in Italy as I seem to think they have a specific identity card there.

Hmm, I believe you that it says so, but the last two times I was there (July 2009 and January 2007) I don't remember being asked for ID to pick up the tickets. Could be my memory, however.

Just use your driver's license, I use mine as ID in Italy all the time. (Actually, I use an expired one, they never notice.)

Hmm, I believe you that it says so, but the last two times I was there (July 2009 and January 2007) I don't remember being asked for ID to pick up the tickets. Could be my memory, however.

Just use your driver's license, I use mine as ID in Italy all the time. (Actually, I use an expired one, they never notice.)

Enough time has passed since then for one possibility to be they changed the rules so now you need your passport or driver's liscense to get in.

Now that is an interesting idea: Bring your last driver's liscense, not the one you use to drive, so if it gets lost you won't panic about trying to replace it. But if you do that could an identity thief do something bad with it even if he/she does not know English?

Since all advice is to take a photo copy of your passport page and carry that NOT your passport, you should have it to use as ID. Works whenever we go... [good for senior rates on the HOHO also ;)]

Archived