st.lucia attacks?

jiszw

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the incident that happened was at night after a girl was at a wedding. Everyone must be aware of their surroundings and not travel at night, alone. I have no fear of going to St. Lucia and will be there this fall. Having said that, we pretty much only go on ship excursions though. Just our preference.

According to this article there were three separate times tourists were attacked:

http://www.stlucianewsonline.com/?p=1945

I'd suggest you start reading recent threads in the ports of call section to get a feel for what is going on in St. Lucia now. Plenty of ships are still going there, as is O. I'm not going to worry about it too much, just be aware that there have been problems in the past. Actually I hope more cruise lines pull out because then it won't be too crowded during my visit.

On my only two visits to this island, the first we were accosted by a man wielding a machete (near the public market) asking for money and the second we were insulted by a beach vendor tellling us we were "sinners".

When you think that many of these islands rely on tourism for their livelihoods these incidents don't make me feel safe nor welcoming. And I'm certainly not a loud obnoxious tourist either. So suffice to say I don't think I'll ever want to step ashore on this island again - there's no reason to give them my hard earned $.

Archived