Solo and early saver

tinlizzy

Select the cruise and date of your choice, pick the interior room <enter>, pick single passenger <enter> and the early saver button. It will come up with a 4 A room type. Press the edit button and you should get all of the interior cabins available for early saver.

Early saver is not available for 1A's on all cruises. You will have to try a different cruise or date. In many cases there is not much difference between the ES and the full rate. Always try the full rate with each cruise, that way you know whether the 1A's are sold out or if it is simply not available for an ES price. I have never found a 1A with either a guarentee or past guest price available. That maybe bad luck or the cruises that I want to sail on.

None of my 1A's have dropped in price. It seems that any cruise that I have looked at, the 1A's have sold out very early.

Happy Hunting,

Janet

I agree with you on to check all rates including 1A on ES.

I'm currently booked on the Carnival Dream for September 2011. I was looking at 1A,but the inside and outside cabin rates were only a small difference in price. I got a seven day for $770 for an outside. The 1A was $754.

Now if the price go down? I doubt it because of the low rate.

But I also have an excellent travel agent and in the past, if the price have gone down on my cruises, she's able to either adjust it, offer obc or a great upgrade cabin.

I was beginning to wonder. This year Feb I had the perfect 1A Cabin 2444 on the Victory with a great price of $690, no price drops and I watched for about 7 months before.

Loved it so much I signed up for next year in January and have had two great price drops. The price started at $709 and I'm now at $616. Room 2444 (and I hear 2445) are awesome. A real steal at most prices and for less than $100 a night for a solo amazing.

Two large windows, a couch and I even lucked into two twins pushed together (it is going into dry dock so I'm not counting on it next year) but even with a twin it is a really big room with a great view. The price drops were just icing.

Still watching, but very happy with the price as it its. I heard about the change in pricing. I am really glad I had a chance to do three before they changed. It will make a difference in my shopping around, really a disappointment, the 1A supplement was great.

Just keep in mind that early savers have a non-refundable deposit & no changes can be made to the booking. This is OK if you are close in but if booking < 6 months out would not go this route.

Just keep in mind that early savers have a non-refundable deposit & no changes can be made to the booking. This is OK if you are close in but if booking < 6 months out would not go this route.

I agree. I just checked on a 1A solo and the ES price was only $30 less than the regular rate. So for $30, I'd have "insurance" that I can cancel or change something and not lose my money. This seems safer to me since the cruise is nearly a year away and who knows what life might bring by then?!

Archived