Adriatic Explorer Advice Please

A couple of questions for the experienced travellers amongst us, if you don't mind.

I've printed off the Thomson excursions to look at and I've also got Flopsy and Kruzeekers reviews of the ports.

I'm quite pleased that by changing, our flight from Corfu won't depart until 20.45pm so we'll have the day in Corfu. Has anyone been in the same situation and if so, How far is it into Corfu town from the ship, is there much to do, and will we have to return to the ship for the airport in the afternoon, or would ordinarily be taken to the airport alot earlier than necessary, what time will be expected to disembark?

I've read we'll need our passports in Croatia, if we're travelling on our own how much euro/kuna split do you think we'll need. Is it easy to change the kuna back to euro, and can we do this on ship, or should I take the currency with us.

Thanks in advance!

Ive been on this cruise two years ago and spent the day in Corfu. Thomson put a shuttle bus on to take you into the town. We went to the fort and wandered around the shops. But as I say that was 2 years ago.

We walked into Corfu old town from the port and it took about half an hour...mostly level walking...quite quaint with shops and pavement cafes...we liked it for a wander...If there was time you may be able to do a half day excursion....we did one on the middle changeover day to Paliokastritsa(?spelling) which was well worth doing but don't know if it was half or full day....to the north west of the island and some beautiful scenery and a monastery on the clifftop.

Can't help with Croatia as we went on excursions so only needed a few euros for coffees

Hi Jenny wren, I see you are going on the Eclipse in a week's time. I'd love to hear all about it when you get back as huubby and I are going on it in September (same date as you) for our 40th wedding anniversary,which I think we are going to spend on the Bay of Biscay:eek: I have never sailed that bit of ocean before, but my brother says it can be rough or it can be smooth:confused::confused:

Linda

I wouldn't worry about the bay of Biscay as we will be on a big modern ship so shouldn't feel much movement at all.

We had a really rough two way transatlantic crossing on the Oriana last year and so anything after that will feel really smooth !!!:D

We had an overnight stay on the Equinox (identical to Eclipse) last year and thought it was superb so we have high hopes for these two trips.... I will certainly do a review on our return.:)

I wouldn't worry about the bay of Biscay as we will be on a big modern ship so shouldn't feel much movement at all.

We had a really rough two way transatlantic crossing on the Oriana last year and so anything after that will feel really smooth !!!:D

We had an overnight stay on the Equinox (identical to Eclipse) last year and thought it was superb so we have high hopes for these two trips.... I will certainly do a review on our return.:)

Look forward to your review

Linda

A couple of questions for the experienced travellers amongst us, if you don't mind.

I've printed off the Thomson excursions to look at and I've also got Flopsy and Kruzeekers reviews of the ports.

I'm quite pleased that by changing, our flight from Corfu won't depart until 20.45pm so we'll have the day in Corfu. Has anyone been in the same situation and if so, How far is it into Corfu town from the ship, is there much to do, and will we have to return to the ship for the airport in the afternoon, or would ordinarily be taken to the airport alot earlier than necessary, what time will be expected to disembark?

I've read we'll need our passports in Croatia, if we're travelling on our own how much euro/kuna split do you think we'll need. Is it easy to change the kuna back to euro, and can we do this on ship, or should I take the currency with us.

Thanks in advance!

Hi midland cruiser - you've picked up Flopsy's reviews and mine - are they from last year? If so, the information is still relevant but I also did one this year which tells of our experience of going down to Kanoni and Mouse Island (at the end of the airport runway - look for it on Google Earth!!). That's another option. With your late sailing you would have plenty of time to do the Thomson half-day excursion to Paleokastriska (sp?) and explore old Corfu Town in the afternoon - or do the Kanoni expedition and get off the bus on the way back to look round the old town before walking back to the ship. All recommended.

At Corfu we shared a taxi to the beach. I think we went to Chandia about 30 mins away. The taxi cost us 50 euro return. There are loads of big mercedes taxis at the gate just ask one to take you to a nice beach and don't be frightend of bartering!

As for croatia, they took our euro at the ice cream shop (we had no idea of the exchanage rate) but at the newsagents for water and post cards they wouldn't so we put in on the credit card. they didn't seem to mind.

Archived