Ventura entertainment

buddy 27

On Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve there were deck parties last year, very good too! Christmas Day and New Year's Eve were formal nights. There's all sorts of Christmassy things going on, children's parties, Carol concerts, midnight mass, depends what age group you are cruising with. We were with an all-adult group so were fairly low-key as far as Christmas itself went. The ship was beautifully decorated and all the hot and sunny Caribbean islands will be decorated for Christmas, surreal if you've never seen it before!

Carol x

No, Ventura's Christmas and New Year cruise last year was a two-week round trip from Barbados.

We did finish at New Orleans on Arcadia one December. We'd sailed up from the Caribbean (30c), arrived at New Orleans (25c), had a torrential rainstorm late afternoon, stayed overnight and woke up to temperatures of 5c!!! We thought the tv information was wrong, until we set foot outside!

The French Quarter is pretty. We had lunch at a famous fish restaurant, the food was good but the air conditioning was ferocious. Some other passengers went into town to have dinner at the jazz clubs and really enjoyed it. We'd got soaked earlier so didn't fancy going out again.

I hope you enjoy it more, unfortunately for us it was a wet, cold end to what had been a hot, sunny holiday.

Carol x

Carol, as you seem to be very helpful (creep Creep!) could you look at this years itinery (leave Barbados on 18th Dec for 29 nights) and see if you have any other good information about the islands that we are visiting. All information is very useful so no matter how small is good. Thankyou in anticipation,

Graham

Graham, apart from New Orleans we have been to twelve of your other ports. I will gladly put some information together but it will have to wait a few weeks as I am packing today to fly out to Turkey early on Monday morning to join Thomson' Celebration "Ottoman Treasures and Aegean Discovery" cruise so time is a bit tight this weekend!!

All I will say for now is that we have had some jolly good days out on a lot of those islands!

Carol x

Archived