Vaccinations??

Please excuse my ignorance. I'm from the UK and booked to go on an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Allure. Was told by the TA that I needed to check with my doctor to see whether i needed vaccinations. Before booking an appointment I just took a quick look on the internet and now wish i hadn't!!!! Does anyone have the up to date advice for cruisers visiting this region? Thanks so much . All the websites I saw appeared to be alarmist so knew I needed the advice of other more experienced travellers ! Thank you in advance :)

lol. looking at the internet is dangerous! ;)

IMO, everyone should have the Hepatitis A/B vaccinations regardless of travel since they're now available. If your tetanus isn't up to date, might as well do that too; but you probably won't require any vaccinations before going on a carib. cruise, but best to check with your doctor.

While nothing may be "required" by the cruise line, anyone who plans on eating in any restaurant (on a cruise or land-based, even at home) should be vaccinated against Hep A. Just my opinion.

Archived