Deposit Amount on 9 day cruise

cruisinJenF

Thank You!

Carnival has just started doing Non-Europe 9 day cruises so it is just a guess. 8 Day cruises are $300 and 10 Day and longer is $400. So I guess 9 day cruises would be $350. I looked and can't find it on their website.

When I booked my 9 night Christmas Cruise for next year (2011) on Valor the deposit was $300.00 per person.

Best place to get a firm answer would be from Carnival directly when you check with them for pricing.

HMMM,,,Looks like it's different depending on where the cruise is going. My 9 day Caribbean was $300 also. Oh well,,,,in the long term $300,,,,$400,,,doesn't make a lot of difference. The final payment will be less with the $400. :D

"SKY"

When we booked our 9 day Med cruise on the Magic, a $400 per person deposit was required.

That is pretty interesting because when I booked our 7 day Med cruise on Magic I had to put down a $1000 deposit($500 each).

Carnival has just started doing Non-Europe 9 day cruises so it is just a guess. 8 Day cruises are $300 and 10 Day and longer is $400. So I guess 9 day cruises would be $350. I looked and can't find it on their website.

It's also just as difficult to determine Carnival's cancellation policy for the 9-day sailings. It's simply not in their Ticket Contract terms, and never has been. For the 9-day Carnival Dream sailing last December, there was one couple who had to cancel, and no one in Miami had an immediate answer.

That is pretty interesting because when I booked our 7 day Med cruise on Magic I had to put down a $1000 deposit($500 each).

That is strange, Carnival is currently requesting a $350 dep for 7 night European cruises. Did you book this with Carnival direct or with a TA?

That is strange, Carnival is currently requesting a $350 dep for 7 night European cruises. Did you book this with Carnival direct or with a TA?

I booked directly with Carnival. Actually I am thinking of canceling because we have pretty much decided to do Italy by land. I hope there are not unusual cancel issues.

It's also just as difficult to determine Carnival's cancellation policy for the 9-day sailings. It's simply not in their Ticket Contract terms, and never has been. For the 9-day Carnival Dream sailing last December, there was one couple who had to cancel, and no one in Miami had an immediate answer.

That is the problem. Carnival hasn't historically had many 9 day sailings. They might have had a few during the holidays, but that's it. They need to figure it out know that the Spirit will be doing 9 day cruises regularly.

Wow, I don't know what to tell you, I just pulled up my eInvoice again and it says $800 deposit for the 2 of us. :confused:

Wow, I don't know what to tell you, I just pulled up my eInvoice again and it says $800 deposit for the 2 of us. :confused:

I pulled mine too and it says $1k for 2 of us. I thought it was high but it didn't really matter to me since it has to be paid sometime. The PVP or person I spoke with on carnival when I booked said they required $500 each for Europe. I didn't question it. I am still fine with it.

I pulled mine too and it says $1k for 2 of us. I thought it was high but it didn't really matter to me since it has to be paid sometime. The PVP or person I spoke with on carnival when I booked said they required $500 each for Europe. I didn't question it. I am still fine with it.

And that's what matters! :) At least you have less due at final payment time! ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived