New Portable Oxygen Concentrator - Inogen One G2

cechase

This message is for all of you travelers like myself who have to have medical oxygen. In the past, I did all of my travelling with an Inogen One, and it performed very well. I did have to have 4 batteries in order to get 12 hours of battery time in order to comply with various airline's requirements. It worked very very well.

Several months ago, Inogen has introduced the Inogen One G2 and I received mine late last week. The first thing I noticed was that the box was about one-half the size of the box which Inogen One came in three years ago. What attracted me to the new POC is that it uses 12 cell and 24 cell batteries. The 12 cell batteries have 4 hours when used at 2 lpm. The 24 cell batteries have 8 hours when used at 2 lpm. I bought mine directly from Inogen, because their personnel told me apparently some baiting and switching has been going on with one or more Internet sites. My new Inogen G2, came with one 12 cell and 2 24 cell batteries, giving me 20 hours of battery life.

It works wonderfully, is almost half the size of the Inogen One, weights less, and has longer battery life. In the carry bag and on the cart, it is about as big as a woman's large purse. The weight difference is dramatic.

Being a frequent traveler and cruiser, this device is in my opinion revolutionary for all people who use oxygen and love to travel.

This message is for all of you travelers like myself who have to have medical oxygen. In the past, I did all of my travelling with an Inogen One, and it performed very well. I did have to have 4 batteries in order to get 12 hours of battery time in order to comply with various airline's requirements. It worked very very well.

Several months ago, Inogen has introduced the Inogen One G2 and I received mine late last week. The first thing I noticed was that the box was about one-half the size of the box which Inogen One came in three years ago. What attracted me to the new POC is that it uses 12 cell and 24 cell batteries. The 12 cell batteries have 4 hours when used at 2 lpm. The 24 cell batteries have 8 hours when used at 2 lpm. I bought mine directly from Inogen, because their personnel told me apparently some baiting and switching has been going on with one or more Internet sites. My new Inogen G2, came with one 12 cell and 2 24 cell batteries, giving me 20 hours of battery life.

It works wonderfully, is almost half the size of the Inogen One, weights less, and has longer battery life. In the carry bag and on the cart, it is about as big as a woman's large purse. The weight difference is dramatic.

Being a frequent traveler and cruiser, this device is in my opinion revolutionary for all people who use oxygen and love to travel.

May I ask where you purchased the G2 and an approximate price? Thanks in advance. It sounds like it makes travel much easier.

May I ask where you purchased the G2 and an approximate price? Thanks in advance. It sounds like it makes travel much easier.

After checking internet prices, and getting some conflicting information, I contacted Inogen sales directly. Contrary to what I had been previously told, the new product had just been released several months ago, and was advised that they had reports of some "baiting and switching". So I purchased my Inogen One G2 directly from Inogen, and it came with the AC/DC power adapter and chords, the wheeled cart, the carry bag[which fits onto the cart], one 12 cell battery and 2 24 cell batteries. Their price was the same as the best internet price, and I got one additional 24 cell battery. The price was just over $4,000.00, no tax and no shipping charge.

I could not belive the size of the box that it came in, because it was about one half the size of the Inogen One when I purchased it three years ago for my late wife. I don't know if it is okay to say here, but I delt with a very nice young man named Greg at 877-845-2075.

Was at my pulmonary doctor's office today and they all marveled at the size of this thing, and it works perfectly. I will be donating my old one, the batteries, charger, etc. to a nonprofit pulmonary organization for others to have the use of one to travel.

• 7 months later...

The Inogen One G2 portable O2 concentrator has a 1-5 LPM pulse flow mode. It weighs only 7.25 pounds, and runs on either a standard outlet or 12 volt car adaptor. The battery life depends on which battery you purchase, you will get 3.5 to 4 hours on the 12 cell battery or 7-8 hours on the larger 24 cell battery. It is permitted by the FAA for airline use.

Has anyone used it for sleeping? We've been told that continuous is best for sleeping since you might not breathe deeply enough to trigger the pulse when you sleep. However Inogen says they have a pulse texhnology that enables their new Inogen to be as good as continuous.

Has anyone used it for sleeping? We've been told that continuous is best for sleeping since you might not breathe deeply enough to trigger the pulse when you sleep. However Inogen says they have a pulse texhnology that enables their new Inogen to be as good as continuous.

I have repeatedly used mine for sleeping when traveling, and have had no problems. I use continuous at home, because that is a non portable concentrator provided by Medicare.

After checking internet prices, and getting some conflicting information, I contacted Inogen sales directly. Contrary to what I had been previously told, the new product had just been released several months ago, and was advised that they had reports of some "baiting and switching". So I purchased my Inogen One G2 directly from Inogen, and it came with the AC/DC power adapter and chords, the wheeled cart, the carry bag[which fits onto the cart], one 12 cell battery and 2 24 cell batteries. Their price was the same as the best internet price, and I got one additional 24 cell battery. The price was just over $4,000.00, no tax and no shipping charge.

I could not belive the size of the box that it came in, because it was about one half the size of the Inogen One when I purchased it three years ago for my late wife. I don't know if it is okay to say here, but I delt with a very nice young man named Greg at 877-845-2075.

Was at my pulmonary doctor's office today and they all marveled at the size of this thing, and it works perfectly. I will be donating my old one, the batteries, charger, etc. to a nonprofit pulmonary organization for others to have the use of one to travel.

I would be very interested to know the name of the nonprofit pulmonary organization that you have donated your Inogen unit to. My pulmonologist has never heard of anything such as this. I would like to check it out. Thank you in advance for your help. :)

I have repeatedly used mine for sleeping when traveling, and have had no problems. I use continuous at home, because that is a non portable concentrator provided by Medicare.

Thanks, Charlie! I'm going to try to rent one for our cruise in May. DH says he wants to purchase a POC. I want one that is smaller, but he wants one that does continuous as well as pulse because the puff of the pulse bothers him. The machines that do continuous are so much larger and heavier. So, we're at an impasse. I am hoping the new Inogen G2 will win him over.

• 7 months later...

My DH needs oxygen only at night. He uses a concentrator at home that works on electricity. I called and found out it's $275 to rent one for a 7 day cruise. Does anyone know if we can board with our own? Also, we will be flying. Will the airline allow this on board? My DH was diagnosed with advanced cancer in June 2011. I'm trying to make this cruise happen for him. We've never travelled with oxygen or wheelchair before. I know people do this but I'm not sure where to go to find the answers on how to make it happen.

You can bring your own, but you will have to handle it through security, etc... You might check with your O2 provider to see if they have an appropriate portable unit. For our Baltics cruise plus the pre-cruise stay (a total of 15 days), it was going to cost me $650. I was able to rent a POC locally for $200 (2 weeks) --- a big savings.

I had to have travel documentation from my doctor to bring the portable concentrator onboard .. even though I was not going to use it on the plane.

I saw someone bring their own regular concentrator on board a Princess cruise. They were very smart, and I'll tell you why. It is very hard to "steer" a standard oxygen concentrator, since they are so low to the ground. This person hooked the curved handle of an umbrella in the handle and pulled it by the top of the (folded) umbrella. I guess a cane with a curved handle might work if the handle were thin enough, too. I thought it very clever.

M.

. This person hooked the curved handle of an umbrella in the handle and pulled it by the top of the (folded) umbrella. I guess a cane with a curved handle might work if the handle were thin enough, too. I thought it very clever.

M.

Great idea!!!!!!! They are a pain to pull around. We load mine up for car trips, etc...

I paid the rental fee for my sister who needs the concentrator at night with her CPAP- only because after loading 6 people into my SUV with luggage and her wheelchair there was no room for her non-portable concentrator- we live in CT and drive to the port in NY- but very clever steering with the umbrella handle. I'll keep that in mind for the future! I did like having the machine waiting in the room and the rental co. supplied an extension cord and the connector piece as well as the tubing.

That is so wonderful that you are donating your old machine!

What a beautiful gesture!

Will Medicare pay any of the cost of the Inogen One G2? I currently have an Inogen One. I bought my original Inogen shortly after they came out - one with a blue face plate. That unit got us all over Europe some six or seven years ago. When I contacted Inogen about a problem that had developed, upon finding out I had a blue face plate unit, they swapped it out to a new unit at no charge. Unfortunately, my current unit has developed the same trouble the first one had so I'm probably going to upgrade to the Inogen One G2 or whatever is current. For that reason, I'm interested in what Medicare will do. I bought the original outright with no help from Medicare. Thanks in advance for any help you folks can give.

this message is for all of you travelers like myself who have to have medical oxygen. In the past, i did all of my travelling with an inogen one, and it performed very well. I did have to have 4 batteries in order to get 12 hours of battery time in order to comply with various airline's requirements. It worked very very well.

Several months ago, inogen has introduced the inogen one g2 and i received mine late last week. The first thing i noticed was that the box was about one-half the size of the box which inogen one came in three years ago. What attracted me to the new poc is that it uses 12 cell and 24 cell batteries. The 12 cell batteries have 4 hours when used at 2 lpm. The 24 cell batteries have 8 hours when used at 2 lpm. I bought mine directly from inogen, because their personnel told me apparently some baiting and switching has been going on with one or more internet sites. My new inogen g2, came with one 12 cell and 2 24 cell batteries, giving me 20 hours of battery life.

It works wonderfully, is almost half the size of the inogen one, weights less, and has longer battery life. In the carry bag and on the cart, it is about as big as a woman's large purse. The weight difference is dramatic.

we are looking to purchase a portable concentrator and were wondering if this one is pulse only or continuous? I have a bi-pap at night and need one with both settings> i know a portable exist that does both< but cannot find the name of it>

• 11 months later...

Unfortunately I have to send it back as I need more oxygen then what it gives out. It is fine if I am just sitting but the minute I start to walk it is not enough. I am sure if I walked slower or made frequent stops it would be ok but that is putting it on the maxium of 5 pulse and if I should require more oxygen in the future there would be none available since 5 is the highest setting.

It is compact and what I liked most was you could not hear it. I use a concentrator at home with a setting of 3 continuous and if I am doing dishes etc. I put it up to 4. Does anyone have any thoughts on which one I should try next? Any help would be appreicated.

we are looking to purchase a portable concentrator and were wondering if this one is pulse only or continuous? I have a bi-pap at night and need one with both settings> i know a portable exist that does both< but cannot find the name of it>

We have a Sequel(sp) and it does up to 3 lpm on continuous and up to 6 lpm on pulse. It is a few years old, so not sure what the newer models do. Also, it is NOT quiet at all. We seldom use it. He requires 5 lpm at night with his BiPap.

And Yes you can take your own concentrator on ship with you. We just put a luggage tag on ours, and it showes up in our room. Never had any damage to it or problems. We take it off ourselves because he uses it the last night in the room.

The first time my DH needed O2 while cruising, a Florida firm supplied a tank of frozen oxygen, he had to refill tanks from it. It was very large and took up a lot of space in the cabin - we called it R2O2. :rolleyes:

Portable concentrators were a big step forward!

We contacted Inogen, and they just opened a new office in Richardson, Texas. We met with a lady today who showed us the Inogen G2 ( both the 7lb one and the 4.5 lb one) The small one ( just now available - received one this morning she said) will only go up to 4 lpm. The 7lb one will go up to 5 lpm. We ordered the bigger one, and should have it Friday.

It will be great no having to deal with the big ol giant canister and filling portables. :mad:

So a BIG Thank You for the lead.:D

We contacted Inogen, and they just opened a new office in Richardson, Texas. We met with a lady today who showed us the Inogen G2 ( both the 7lb one and the 4.5 lb one) The small one ( just now available - received one this morning she said) will only go up to 4 lpm. The 7lb one will go up to 5 lpm. We ordered the bigger one, and should have it Friday. It will be great no having to deal with the big ol giant canister and filling portables. :mad: So a BIG Thank You for the lead.:D

I've had my G2 for about a month. You will LOVE it! The 24-cell battery lasts me over 8 hours. :D Freedom at last!

I've had my G2 for about a month. You will LOVE it! The 24-cell battery lasts me over 8 hours. :D Freedom at last!

DH received his a couple weeks ago......loves it too. Very quiet. He will use this as a back up to the Sequal and we will take both of them on the ship. Will not need to order the portable oxygen bottles now for the shore excursions.... He will use the G2. He ordered the backpack too.

Archived