Grand Princess - Pompeii

LADY ROSE

HI everyone - going on my first cruise in September. Has anyone noticed if Pompeii has any seating dotted around? My Mum would like to see Pompeii but would get tired after a while so we thought we'd just do a half day tour. Any advice appreciated.:)

Well there are lots of stones to sit on! In your circumstances I would recommend doing a combo, a couple of hours at Pompeii (2 is great esp. if you have a guide) and then a drive along the beautiful Amalfi coast with lunch, which would suit your mum well.

There are many recommendations on these boards for private tours which are lovely--so much easier in a small van than a large tour bus. We put together a group of 8 from our roll call and it was 150 euros per couple, lunch extra, which is usually a lot less expensive than a ship's tour.

Just a thought.

Seating is pretty slim inside the ruins, I'm afraid.

My mom did about 3/4 of our tour (total length was about 3 hours), then was able to exit the ruins and sit down on a nice bench in the shade and wait for the rest of us to finish. There is also a restaurant there where you could sit and have a coffee or soft drink while waiting.

Archived