cabins in extreme front of ship

I am thinking of possibley booking a SZ guarantee on the Eurodam but there are a couple of cabins that I might be assigned that I am not sure I could live with. Does anyone have an opinion or experience with SY 5001 and 5002 on the veranda deck or SU 10005 and 10006 on the Panorama deck?

Thanks

Marcia

purplenorway/Becky and her parents had 5002 and liked it a lot. See her comments here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1109304

10005 and 10006 are pretty unusual cabins. They started out as SZ and were renamed SU about a year later ... with a sizable increase in price. The balcony is pretty small for a cabin of that price, and it has a half solid-steel wall railing.

Here is a thread that was started in 3/08 while the ship was still being built, but it ran for 10 months or so. There's comments, interior pictures, and finally down at the end a picture of the balcony.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=741864

SY 5001/5002 are handicapped accessible cabins.

We usually end up in one of the forward cabins as DH is in a wheelchair and requires an accessible cabin.

What I don't like about them is the windy balcony.

Also, if you are in 5001/02, you will be in an SY but your balcony will be the size of a VA cabin's balcony. And your bathroom will not have a double sink. If either of those things matter to you, then I would say not to go the guarantee route.

Although 5001/02 could be booked for your cruise, there is the chance that the people in those cabins will get an upsell and take it ... that is what happened to us, leaving our SY cabin open for someone else! :)

Archived