MTD on Monarch

Has anyone had any luck in booking reservations for MTD on Monarch in advance of your cruise date? And if so, how far out from your cruise date did the window open? We've booked MTD on FOS 4-5 months out with no problem, but on our October Monarch it still shows as not yet available.

Cant answer your question but noticed you managed to book MTD on Freedom yet when we tried to book this 2 months ago for our september cruise we couldnt get it ( that was with a TA and was 5 months ago ) we are now on late seating but are on the MTD wait list , not sure how that works but am still hoping we can change as i really dont want to have to eat late , might mean eating in the Winjammer otherwise :(

Cant answer your question but noticed you managed to book MTD on Freedom yet when we tried to book this 2 months ago for our september cruise we couldnt get it ( that was with a TA and was 5 months ago ) we are now on late seating but are on the MTD wait list , not sure how that works but am still hoping we can change as i really dont want to have to eat late , might mean eating in the Winjammer otherwise :(

Not sure if it makes any difference, but we selected MTD when we made the booking, and then kept checking online until it became available. As soon as the website was accepting reservations, we made them.

Even though you booked through a TA, you can still go online and book your MTD directly.

Not sure what would happen if you tried to switch from a traditional time to MTD midstream.

Best suggestion is go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and see if you can book a time.

Has anyone had any luck in booking reservations for MTD on Monarch in advance of your cruise date? And if so, how far out from your cruise date did the window open? We've booked MTD on FOS 4-5 months out with no problem, but on our October Monarch it still shows as not yet available.

Seems you are trying to book it online. Have you tried calling RCI and booking it with them? We did MTD on both our Monarch and Majesty sailings and both times we just called RCI and booked MTD directly with them. It showed up on our confirmation from the beginning. (We booked Majesty about 9 months out and did MTD at the time of booking)

Seems you are trying to book it online. Have you tried calling RCI and booking it with them? We did MTD on both our Monarch and Majesty sailings and both times we just called RCI and booked MTD directly with them. It showed up on our confirmation from the beginning. (We booked Majesty about 9 months out and did MTD at the time of booking)

We have MTD booked, just haven't been able to go in and select specific dining times yet. The website also shows no shore excursions for that cruise either, so I presume that piece of the cruise isn't loaded yet, since they're both booked on the same page of the reservation.

Not sure if it makes any difference, but we selected MTD when we made the booking, and then kept checking online until it became available. As soon as the website was accepting reservations, we made them.

Even though you booked through a TA, you can still go online and book your MTD directly.

Not sure what would happen if you tried to switch from a traditional time to MTD midstream.

Best suggestion is go to the MTD desk as soon as you board and see if you can book a time.

After reading your post i had a go at checking out our reservation and lo and behold i found the page where our reservation and details are , it actualy states My Time Dining - no waitlists so i am assuming we have now got MTD as there is no mention of late seating ,i might go in to see my TA tomorrow just to check that what i am seeing is right, but i will be well pleased if we have been changed already :)

After reading your post i had a go at checking out our reservation and lo and behold i found the page where our reservation and details are , it actualy states My Time Dining - no waitlists so i am assuming we have now got MTD as there is no mention of late seating ,i might go in to see my TA tomorrow just to check that what i am seeing is right, but i will be well pleased if we have been changed already :)

If it says that, then you do indeed have MTD, so hug your TA. What you probably don't have yet is a reserved time for your first night on board. If you scroll up the ressie page, you'll see a button for adding MTD reservations (right above the shore excursion button). If it's live, you can pre-book specific times for each night. If it's not live yet, you'll get a notice in red at the top of the page to check back closer to your sail date.

If it says that, then you do indeed have MTD, so hug your TA. What you probably don't have yet is a reserved time for your first night on board. If you scroll up the ressie page, you'll see a button for adding MTD reservations (right above the shore excursion button). If it's live, you can pre-book specific times for each night. If it's not live yet, you'll get a notice in red at the top of the page to check back closer to your sail date.

Yes i saw the adding MTD reservations button , wasnt sure what it was but i did see a red notice at the top of the page telling me i couldnt change anything on my booking as it had to be done through the TA , so i didnt mess around clicking any buttons as i was just happy to see MTD no waitlists and didnt want to mess up :) anyway , thank you for the info i am now off to bed with a smile on my face .

Yes i saw the adding MTD reservations button , wasnt sure what it was but i did see a red notice at the top of the page telling me i couldnt change anything on my booking as it had to be done through the TA , so i didnt mess around clicking any buttons as i was just happy to see MTD no waitlists and didnt want to mess up :) anyway , thank you for the info i am now off to bed with a smile on my face .

Two separate things. The message at the top of the page means you can't do things like change your cabin, request price drops, move your res to a different date, etc. - your TA needs to do those since he/she technically owns the reservation.

The buttons in the middle of the page take you to the shore excursion/premium restaurant/gifts/etc. page. That is where you would request a specific time for your MTD reservation. If it's open for reservations, you can pick your times for each night. If it's not, you get a sorry check back closer to your cruise date message.

Which, I guess brings me back to my original question. Does anyone know how far in advance of a cruise date this becomes live? It seems to be different for each ship in the fleet.

Archived