Car Rental Question

shannon50

Hi!

We are renting a car in Livorno and the rental agency was wondering what time we wanted the car. This is my first European cruise so I don't know how it works with customs and what not. The ship arrives at 7 AM according to our itinerary, would requesting the car for 9 AM be too early? Thank you in advance for your help!

That should be fine.

I guess the rental company wants to know what time to deliver the car to the port?

I know Avis and Hertz are right at the port and on our cruise Avis had an agent at the pier.

But if you want to get going earlier, request the car for 8:00. There will be no customs to go through assuming you started your cruise in Europe or have already been to another European port. You just walk off the ship.

Since the train station is just about halfway between the town/historic area and the beach, it might be nice to take the bus from Civitavecchia up to town, spend the morning seeing the sights there, then take the bus down to the beach and eat lunch overlooking the water. From the beach you can get a bus to the train station and head back to Civitavecchia.

Since the train station is just about halfway between the town/historic area and the beach, it might be nice to take the bus from Civitavecchia up to town, spend the morning seeing the sights there, then take the bus down to the beach and eat lunch overlooking the water. From the beach you can get a bus to the train station and head back to Civitavecchia.

Civitavecchia?:confused: OP is talking about Livorno, that is 244 km away....

Archived