How do RCCL Diamond Discounts transfer to Celebrity cruiise?

twoatsea

We booked an RCCL TA (transatlantic) cruise while on board. For a balcony cabin we got $300 OBC & a 2 category upgrade for doing so. We may want to book the Eclipse for a TA this fall. If so we will book a balcony cabin. Will that $300 OBC & 2 category upgrade transfer to Celebrity? If so, do I need to be real careful how I discuss this with the rep to be sure it is done correctly so I don't lose what I already have, or is it routine? BTW, won't use a travel agent.

We also qualify for a $300 balcony cabin discount when booking with RCCL because of our diamond status. Will we get this same discount with Celebrity?

Can we get all - the $300 OBC, 2 category upgrade, & the $300 diamond discount on the one Eclipse TA?

Thanks in advance.

To answer your last question first. No there is no way to get it all. Celebrity doesn't allow ANY combining such as the limited items RCL just started allowing. You didn't get the $300 diamond discount on top of the on-board booking promotion, did you? If so, you won't like the pricing on Celebrity as it will be essentially list price.

I doubt seriously that you will get anything at all. I don't think booking numbers can be transferred between lines and the number is what has the upgrade and discount.

Celebrity does not have any benefit that corresponds to the Diamond discount. the closest they have is a one-category upgrade (within category groups) for inside or ocean-view cabins. Nothing for balconies or suites.

What they do have that is better for Diamonds is the Elite benefit package. You have an afternoon window from 4:30 - 6:30 where you can get free drinks and some snacks. And there is a breakfast with some specialty coffees and limited food items as well. And both people in the cabin (assuming both are Diamonds/elites) will get 45 minutes of free internet and a free bag of laundry.

Good luck and please come back and post if you were able to transfer any of the discounts/OBC over. That would be great news (if somewhat surprising).

Hi Bob, long time since Hawaii. We're looking at doing it again on Century in 2012.

I agree with much of what you said but the perks are the Elite Lounge from 4--6 each day and 90 minutes each Elite for the internet. On Mercury we didn't use the lounge that much since we loved being on deck when we sailed away. We plan on using it on Connie next March though.

Celebrity doesn't "honor" any RCI discounts at this time. Only the Elite status is reciprocal. Same goes on RCI - no perks for Celebrity cruisers except the Diamond status.

Pat

Hi Bob, long time since Hawaii. We're looking at doing it again on Century in 2012.

I agree with much of what you said but the perks are the Elite Lounge from 4--6 each day and 90 minutes each Elite for the internet. On Mercury we didn't use the lounge that much since we loved being on deck when we sailed away. We plan on using it on Connie next March though.

Celebrity doesn't "honor" any RCI discounts at this time. Only the Elite status is reciprocal. Same goes on RCI - no perks for Celebrity cruisers except the Diamond status.

Pat

We just got the $300. diamond discount when we booked our RCCL cruise because of our elite status on X. We received a Diamond C & A number and have been given all benefits.

We booked an RCCL TA (transatlantic) cruise while on board. For a balcony cabin we got $300 OBC & a 2 category upgrade for doing so. We may want to book the Eclipse for a TA this fall. If so we will book a balcony cabin. Will that $300 OBC & 2 category upgrade transfer to Celebrity? If so, do I need to be real careful how I discuss this with the rep to be sure it is done correctly so I don't lose what I already have, or is it routine? BTW, won't use a travel agent.

We also qualify for a $300 balcony cabin discount when booking with RCCL because of our diamond status. Will we get this same discount with Celebrity?

Can we get all - the $300 OBC, 2 category upgrade, & the $300 diamond discount on the one Eclipse TA?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, you can switch your reservation from a Royal Caribbean cruise to a Celebrity cruise and keep your on board credit. Unfortunately Celebrity doesn't offer a balcony discount as Royal does.

We recently booked a future cruise on Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas and when I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if I could switch the reservation to a Celebrity cruise in the future and keep the on board credit she assured us we could. Same reservation number.

Yes, you can switch your reservation from a Royal Caribbean cruise to a Celebrity cruise and keep your on board credit. Unfortunately Celebrity doesn't offer a balcony discount as Royal does.

We recently booked a future cruise on Royal Caribbean Explorer of the Seas and when I asked the Loyalty Ambassador if I could switch the reservation to a Celebrity cruise in the future and keep the on board credit she assured us we could. Same reservation number.

Well, that's new. We've tried in the not so distance past and have been told no way.

Are you absolutely sure this is a new change in policy??? Have RCCL and X at last joined their reservations so you book one but then change to the other?

Well, that's new. We've tried in the not so distance past and have been told no way.

Are you absolutely sure this is a new change in policy??? Have RCCL and X at last joined their reservations so you book one but then change to the other?

Unless I was given incorrect information by the Loyalty Ambassador on Explorer. I will call to confirm what I was told and post that information on here.

• 2 weeks later...
Unless I was given incorrect information by the Loyalty Ambassador on Explorer. I will call to confirm what I was told and post that information on here.

I spoke to Crown and Anchor today and they confirmed a Royal Caribbean reservation booked on board one of their ships can in fact be changed to a Celebrity cruise and vice versa. The reservation # would stay the same. This does not include a "next cruise" reservation. So the Loyalty Ambassador I spoke with on Explorer of the Seas was in fact correct.

So I'm confused.

If I do a future cruise booking while on a RCCL ship I can't transfer that to doing a Celebrity cruise but if I book a specific RCCL cruise while on board a RCCL ship that can be changed to a Celebrity cruise?

I'm Diamond on RCCL.

So I'm confused.

If I do a future cruise booking while on a RCCL ship I can't transfer that to doing a Celebrity cruise but if I book a specific RCCL cruise while on board a RCCL ship that can be changed to a Celebrity cruise?

I'm Diamond on RCCL.

That's correct. We always book specific cruises as far in the future as possible just to get the "on board credit". With no intention of sailing on those specific cruises. Then we switch those reservations to the cruises we actually intend to take. The OBC will be adjusted depending on the length of the cruise. Works much better for us than "next cruise" or whatever they're calling it now.

Archived