Recent Restaurant Recommendations

ncbeachteacher

I envy you, our cruise out of San Juan is still two months away! ;)

Don't miss La Bombonera for breakfast. Metropol in Isla Verde is great for lunch. Large portions, delicious food. The chicken with rice and beans is great.

I love Barrachina (Old San Juan) for dinner. On Friday and Saturday nights, there's a free flamenco show with dinner. Make a reservation for 7 PM so you have time to order your meal. The show starts at 8, so you can watch it with dessert and coffee. Check out El Asador for dinner as well. Wonderful food.

Ummo's serves great Argentinian beef and is a block's walk from the Marriott Stellaris. We were there last year for dinner and enjoyed our meal. We're going there again for dinner in January as we'll spend 2 nights pre-cruise. I've heard Barrachina in OSJ is also nice, may try it the night before our cruise as they have a Flamenco show at 8 pm. :)

Going to SJ next week before cruise and then for several days afterwards. We would really like recent restaurant recommendations around the Stellaris and in OSJ. Thanks so much! :)

We found it quite safe and the streets are well lit with lots of people walking around. There is also a Starbucks directly across from the Marriott where I picked up coffee and bagels one morning and took them back to the room to eat on the balcony. They also serve ice cream at Starbucks. :)

Great start! Thanks so much... and keep them coming! We are staying at the Stellaris... so I really like the idea of within walking distance. I am assuming it is safe enough to walk in the evenings?

Archived