Average Cost of Excursions

Anywhere from $45-250 pp...depending on what you want to do! If you're trying to save a bit, buy (or check out from your library!) a guidebook on your ports. Folks don't realize how much there is in each country that is so easy to do on your own! The excursion folks COUNT on you not doing your homework....a bit of research can save you TONS of $$$$!

It really depends on the type of excursion you like to do and your ports. Are you doing a Caribbean cruise or are you planning a Med cruise with day long excursions? Not enough information to guess.

sorry... probably Eastern Carib...

my mind is just in a mode of trying to make this work budget wise that I'm not thinking clearly. I'm trying to make this work for next year, so time to plan and budget... but I'm super excited so my mind is working faster than the thoughts can come out clearly... sorry bout that!

sorry... probably Eastern Carib...

my mind is just in a mode of trying to make this work budget wise that I'm not thinking clearly. I'm trying to make this work for next year, so time to plan and budget... but I'm super excited so my mind is working faster than the thoughts can come out clearly... sorry bout that!

I would budget $100 pp per port to start but I would try to get a better idea of if by looking at the excursions listed on the RCL website. If you are going to do private excursions, I would do a little researching on the port of call boards. I know we did a half day sub/bus excursion in St Martin a few years back for about $50pp but we have done a deep sea diving excursion that was more like $150pp. We have also done no excursion at one of the private islands so that was a $0 day. Hope that helps a little.:)

thanks! Just gives me a basis... I know if we do a "simple" beach excursion, it'll probably be less... but if it's a tour or something like that it'd be more. Just have an average like you gave me helps... I'm just trying to think of the incidentals other than just the cost of the cruise... this helps a lot!

I know the costs can be a vast range, but I'm just trying to budget for the trip... how much should I average per port/excursion?

TIA

Also don't forget to budget a few dollars for tips (guides and drivers).

We like to do our own thing at the Eastern stops - Orient Beach/hang out in Phiipsburg in St. Maarten and Paradise Point/shopping/beach in St. Thomas so we don't book ship excursions. We can do all of this for about $75 per day (per person) at each port.

forgot about tips (even for the cruise staff) in my budget... thanks for the reminder!

and those are great links bionic... didn't even think to search through the RCCL site... THANKS!

forgot about tips (even for the cruise staff) in my budget... thanks for the reminder!

and those are great links bionic... didn't even think to search through the RCCL site... THANKS!

No problem. They are buried a little on RCI's website, but I have been viewing them lately for an upcoming cruise.

Archived