Need suggestions for handling cancelation

OceanLiner

It was a week ago that my friend received a recorded message from NCL that the Pearl has been chartered for the week of February 6th, 2011, and that his Owners Suite reservation is now void. The emotion and frustration of having this cancelation occur by NCL has now settled a bit, and we are going to call NCL today.

Any suggestions as to how we should handle this situation with NCL?

Have you bought plane tickets? That is maybe the worst part of having NCL cancel the cruise. I think they need to make you whole for changing your air tickets.

Unfortunately, they have no contractual obligation to do so...or do anything else but refund the deposit. They may offer a small OBC for a subsequent booking as a matter of customer courtesy.

Did you or your friend notice the posting from Kas37 on that other thread (post #11)? It may be worthwhile to call just to verify that this was the cancelled cruise.

It was a week ago that my friend received a recorded message from NCL that the Pearl has been chartered for the week of February 6th, 2011, and that his Owners Suite reservation is now void. The emotion and frustration of having this cancelation occur by NCL has now settled a bit, and we are going to call NCL today.

Any suggestions as to how we should handle this situation with NCL?

Archived