Flowrider Question

They recommend you surf between the painted lines on the sides of the Oasis flowrider. The water flow outside the lines starts to slow down.

Lou

Ok thanks. I noticed them the other day watching a video they must have added them sometime and she went into service. Makes sense though.

Does anyone know why they painted the lines on the sides of the flowrider? It's a blast.

One of the flowrider instructors explained to me yesterday, its just part of preventing injury/liability problems from people banging in to the sides of the flowrider- they now explain to stay within the lines so that it avoids you cranking your neck on the raised padded sides if you fall...

you can see the new lines in the picture attached (i dont know why it resizes my photo, it was only 86kb, now its thumbnail size)

flow1.jpg.fbc5c15cc300d3ca8cbfc1d0a05647ed.jpg

One of the flowrider instructors explained to me yesterday, its just part of preventing injury/liability problems from people banging in to the sides of the flowrider- they now explain to stay within the lines so that it avoids you cranking your neck on the raised padded sides if you fall...

you can see the new lines in the picture attached (i dont know why it resizes my photo, it was only 86kb, now its thumbnail size)

Nice picture. They really do need that for boggie boarding as people are always crashinging into the walls. I wonder if the freedom class ships have them now?

Nice picture. They really do need that for boggie boarding as people are always crashinging into the walls. I wonder if the freedom class ships have them now?

Ummm, me thinks that two painted lines will not stop SOME from crashing into the side walls :D

Color me questionable, but how do people "always" crash into walls when boogie boarding? From my experience, if you get near the walls, the water rate falls materially. You just come to rest in that strip, then you must push yourself back into the field of play.

I could see painting the lines for helping those that surf to remain in the designated area because you are much more likely to fall off the board, and possibly, onto or over the wall.

I used the area outside of the painted white lines as my place to stop and get off. My experiences with getting thrown back into the rear wall were not enjoyable. So when I felt I was done, I would lean right and glide into the outer area. The boogie board and surf board come to a stop and I safely got off!

Color me questionable, but how do people "always" crash into walls when boogie boarding? From my experience, if you get near the walls, the water rate falls materially. You just come to rest in that strip, then you must push yourself back into the field of play.

I could see painting the lines for helping those that surf to remain in the designated area because you are much more likely to fall off the board, and possibly, onto or over the wall.

People keep going out of the water and hittin the wall or going into the water return grade, not nessacrly crashing as I stated before.

Archived