Is a shortened name on cruise documents going to cause a problem?

md10074

My husband's name is Christopher. I was just looking at our fun pass, cruise documents and our account online and realized that his name was too long so they have his first name as Christophe.

Is that going to cause a problem anywhere along the line, or will they realize that his name didn't fit and got cut off and that's why it's different than his passport and ID?

My husband's name is Christopher. I was just looking at our fun pass, cruise documents and our account online and realized that his name was too long so they have his first name as Christophe.

Is that going to cause a problem anywhere along the line, or will they realize that his name didn't fit and got cut off and that's why it's different than his passport and ID?

No problem at all...........ALL long names get cut off on the paperwork.

You could always call Carnival or your TA and ask them as well.

That is acceptable. It's a system limitation. What is not acceptable is is your name is William and you enter Bill, or Chris instead of Christopher, etc.

I cruise with a friend whose DD's name is Evangileanne - don't ask it involved fueding grandmothers - but the "short" version the cruiseline used became her nickname - Evangilea.:D They have never had a problem.

Archived