FLL Restaurant ID

Hi..hoping someone can help w/ limited information on my part. In 2008 my family and I ate dinner at a restaurant in the FLL Beach Area....I believe that's A1A? It's near the Courtyard FLL Beach (just a tad south of it, I believe). They had outdoor seating and was mainly a seafood restaurant. They had a mexican/salsa type band playing outside in the corner. Great food, nice place and I can't for life of me remember the name of it.

Anyone have an idea? Maybe it's not there anymore....?

Hi..hoping someone can help w/ limited information on my part. In 2008 my family and I ate dinner at a restaurant in the FLL Beach Area....I believe that's A1A? It's near the Courtyard FLL Beach (just a tad south of it, I believe). They had outdoor seating and was mainly a seafood restaurant. They had a mexican/salsa type band playing outside in the corner. Great food, nice place and I can't for life of me remember the name of it.

Anyone have an idea? Maybe it's not there anymore....?

Maybe it was the the Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. or Margarita Cafe Inc. hope it is one of these two and it helps you.:D

Yes, that is the place I figured you meant before I scrolled to your last post. I am not impressed with the food there at all, but the atmosphere is fun. The food at Aruba is better quality.

Thanks Royal. I wasn't impressed much either, but my parents liked it a lot (I think more b/c we were sitting outisde on the ocean, ha ha!). Thanks for the tip on the food quality, looking forward to dining there.

Aruba is awesome, I've been going there for 20 years and it's just great!

The Jerk chicken or grouper is amazing, espeically with the remulade. I also like the lobster salad sandwich.

Budget for a long lunch or dinner as you won't want to leave!

Aruba is awesome, I've been going there for 20 years and it's just great!

The Jerk chicken or grouper is amazing, espeically with the remulade. I also like the lobster salad sandwich.

Budget for a long lunch or dinner as you won't want to leave!

This a great post, it made me smile. I will plan on staying awhile! We are going on a Friday night for the music as well.

There might be a street party the night you are there. Lauderdale by the Sea is little but fun! The last time I ate there I had a delicious snapper dish on the patio.

I hope so....that sounds fun. How much do you think a cab will cost to get there? We are staying at the Courtyard FLL Beach. Are there shops in that area at all that we could walk to?

Your snapper sounds great, do you suggest I make reservations that day if they accept them? Also, how many tables are on the patio? I know my family would really like to sit outside.

This is October 29-31 which I believe is the Boat Show as well....

Not sure about the cab. I was looking at the transit map for Broward County, and it seems that you can get the 11 Bus at Las Olas and A1A, and get off at NE 36th St (actually ask if you can get off at Commercial about 1/2 mile further up) and A1A, you can walk to Aruba from there. It's about a 10 minute ride. Busses run until about 10:45 or so. It's not a huge, long ride, but it's an option if you'd rather not bother with a cab.

Aruba doesn't accept reservations, and the whole place is open air. They have Arcadia doors (sliders) surrounding the place and they open it all up. The windows on the east side of the restaurant are open to the beach. You don't have to dress up at all. I've seen people fresh off the beach in bathings suits in there!

But there are tons of little shops around, plus the pier. Ice cream, bikinis, souveniers, etc.

Have a great time!

Not sure about the cab. I was looking at the transit map for Broward County, and it seems that you can get the 11 Bus at Las Olas and A1A, and get off at NE 36th St (actually ask if you can get off at Commercial about 1/2 mile further up) and A1A, you can walk to Aruba from there. It's about a 10 minute ride. Busses run until about 10:45 or so. It's not a huge, long ride, but it's an option if you'd rather not bother with a cab.

Aruba doesn't accept reservations, and the whole place is open air. They have Arcadia doors (sliders) surrounding the place and they open it all up. The windows on the east side of the restaurant are open to the beach. You don't have to dress up at all. I've seen people fresh off the beach in bathings suits in there!

But there are tons of little shops around, plus the pier. Ice cream, bikinis, souveniers, etc.

Have a great time!

Sounds great, thank you again so much!

A cab ride might be about $20. It is 5 miles on one road. Expect to wait for a table. They will give you a colored balloon with something written on it so that they can find you. There are about 10 tables on the patio or you can sit inside in an open window. There are shops around there and a few blocks north of your hotel.

A cab ride might be about $20. It is 5 miles on one road. Expect to wait for a table. They will give you a colored balloon with something written on it so that they can find you. There are about 10 tables on the patio or you can sit inside in an open window. There are shops around there and a few blocks north of your hotel.

Cool thanks :)

Royal/Ruthless:

Couple more q's for you guys:

1) Do you think going to Aruba's on Friday is perfect or would Saturday be better? Do they only have music on Saturdays?

2) On Saturday, we want to go watch the Oasis leave port. Can you help me with directions on how to get there, or what to tell the cab driver? Again we're staying at the Courtyard FLL Beach. I think I heard something about the Lago Mar?

Thanks again...

To me, any time is the right time for Aruba. Friday might be more crowded with folks coming in from work for cocktails, Saturday lunch might be nice because you can watch the ocean and really enjoy the beach.

As for ships leaving port, I'm afraid you've got me there. I lived in Ft. Lauderdale for 16 years and I've never done that!

Thanks. We really wanted to go on Saturday, but wanted to be there for the Live Music and for some reason I was thinking that was only on Friday. We get in from Cleveland around noon on Friday, and leave from the POM on Sunday.

16 years, wow...that's really neat. And you love it, I'm guessing? I think you should do something new and go watch the ships leave port!! ;)

I am planning to move into that area someday, whenthings align for me. I really am fond of the area, but haven't gotten around too much of it yet.

Thanks again.

I just thought of something else...(lol) any ideas on a good breakfast place around the Courtyard?

There is live music inside Aruba both Fri & Sat nights from 4PM to 7 PM and 10 PM to 1 AM. Sometimes there is live entertainment in the streets or on the parking lot across from Aruba. There is a great Elvis impersonator show sometimes.

I don't know of any good breakfast places around the courtyard hotel. I've never gone down to watch the ships sail out and I've lived here for 23 years! You want to go to the beach or the port rocks near where A1A turns and becomes 17th St. but you might have to cut through private property so I really can't advise you beyond that. Maybe you could walk to the Harbor Beach Marriott or Lago Mar and cut through there and walk along the beach towards the port. You will get a pretty good view from those hotel beaches anyway. I watch the ships sail out from the beach about 8 miles north of the port.

Royal/Ruthless:

Couple more q's for you guys:

1) Do you think going to Aruba's on Friday is perfect or would Saturday be better? Do they only have music on Saturdays?

Definitely go on Friday! They have happy hour and roast an entire pig and it is free! Great music and great food.

I would suggest getting there around 3PM and get one of the bar tables.

Archived