Here's the recipe email from Royal Caribbean:

Cucumber Martini

3 (1/4 inch) Cucumber Wheels

2 Large Basil Leaves

4 Count or. 75 oz

Monin Lemon Grass Syrup

“Muddle”

2 oz. Sweet and Sour

(1 part water 1 part Island Oasis Sour - Pour)

1.5 oz Grey Goose Vodka

Enjoy!

Thank you. That Martini was wonderful. On our last night, we had to have one more, so we ordered one and they served it to us in Central Park, before we finished up our packing. The are delish. :D

Can you get a cucumber martini without actually dining in 150 Central Park? It sounds like something I'd like to try, but I'm not sure I'll be able to convince DH to eat there. In any case, I hope they have the cucumber martinis on Allure as well!

:(:( I just found out that we can get app. 60 flavors of Monin syrup here in Germany but no Lemon Grass:(:( and of course we don´t have the Island Oasis Sweet and Sour Mix either. Guess we have to do some experimental cocktail mixing to work that out!

steamboats

Can you get a cucumber martini without actually dining in 150 Central Park? It sounds like something I'd like to try, but I'm not sure I'll be able to convince DH to eat there. In any case, I hope they have the cucumber martinis on Allure as well!

Yes, I believe you can. We did dine there at the begining of the week, but on the last day, we stopped in before they opened and asked if we could just order one of their special Martini's and enjoy it in Central Park and they told us would not be a problem. Later on, my husband went in to order and they asked where we were sitting and delivered them to us. The are delish but be aware the cost is $15.00. 150 Central Park is the only place on the ship you can get them. (The 150 in the name is because the restaurant is located 150 meters from the front of the ship). A fun little tid bit.

Yes, I believe you can. We did dine there at the begining of the week, but on the last day, we stopped in before they opened and asked if we could just order one of their special Martini's and enjoy it in Central Park and they told us would not be a problem. Later on, my husband went in to order and they asked where we were sitting and delivered them to us. The are delish but be aware the cost is $15.00. 150 Central Park is the only place on the ship you can get them. (The 150 in the name is because the restaurant is located 150 meters from the front of the ship). A fun little tid bit.

My DW convinced our waither in Chops to get them for us. They are awesome.

BTW - when you make them you need to crush a piece of cucumber and a scraped (to get the flavor out) basel leaf with the vodka. The other Basel leaf is to be scaped as well.

Steamboats, we don't have Monin here but I am almost positive I saw Lemoncello sitting on the counter at 150 Central Park so that's what I'm going to try. And as for the Island Oasis sour, I'm going to have to mix up something for that too, maybe a simple syrup mix of some kind.

bayou cruiser,

Actually Monin is available in the US and obviously Lemon Grass is one flavor which is only available in the US but nowhere in Europe :(. DH bought some lemon grass yesterday and made his own syrup as well as a sweet and sour mix. Bought some fresh basil today too. So we´re gonna try it out later today:D!

steamboats

... it´s later today and I´m sipping my cucumber basil martini! Tastes pretty good!! Seems like the substitutes are working out pretty well. The cucumber flavor is not as intense as it was at the 150 Central Park. Maybe we need to take a bit more of the cucumber.

steamboats

• 1 month later...

I actually had this drink at park 150 - the waiter was saying he can make us a nice drink - my company and I were like "its late - shes pregnant we are just going to take it easy tonight" he insisted - I promise you it will be special - so I agreed to try this cucumber concoction frowning upon hearing I would like a cucumber tasting drink - he brought two over and I was floored - how can i explain this drink -

So refreshing - almost sweet but not - the light cucumber flavor - even my pregnant wife had to take a sip and agreed. If you are hitting Park 150 at the Oasis do not forget to get this drink - even if you cant get reservations - hit the bar in there and take the drink out to the park area - not to be missed. thanks for putting the recipe online - Cant wait till my next trip on the oasis.

Archived