OV vs Inside

baybear14

I love Lido - it's so convenient to where we spend most of our time. It's nice not having to go all over the ship in your swimsuit - just walk down the hall. I'd probably go with an interior there, but I've been on Riviera as well, so that's fine, too. As long as I have cabins above & below me I'm happy. Don't want to be under or over clubs, restaurants or pool decks.

We have had the choice of higher inside or low can see out ...and choose the high mide deck cabin ... my sister has mobility issues, so we went with convenience. We cant do stairs (maybe one deck up or down at most) and it gets old waiting so much for elevators.

I guess we are the exception to the rule. Twice now I choose inside high over low OV type.

PS my PVP thinks I made a mistake ..

On Destiny the Oceanview on Riviera deck is a larger cabin than the Insides as it includes a seating area with a sofa.

Personally I prefer the better location but the extra space might be more important to you.

Are the ocean view cabins bigger than the inside cabins? I'm looking at booking another cruise on the Conquest, but there will be 3 people in the room this time. We are looking at an ocean view if they are bigger so we'll have more room. Does anyone know if they are, indeed, bigger than inside rooms?

Are the ocean view cabins bigger than the inside cabins? I'm looking at booking another cruise on the Conquest, but there will be 3 people in the room this time. We are looking at an ocean view if they are bigger so we'll have more room. Does anyone know if they are, indeed, bigger than inside rooms?

No, the OV are the same size as the inside cabins, just more "open feeling" due to the window (it sort of bumps out and a person can actually sit on the window ledge). On some classes of ships, the aft OV are a bit longer than the side OV cabins so in that case, they're bigger than an inside.

On Conquest, yes, inside cabins are 185 s.f. and OVs are 220 s.f.

(on Destiny too the OP I guess is asking about).

This doesnt apply to Fantasy class ships ..so you cant just say OVs are always bigger.

Archived