Family of 5 sailing from Baltimore

sandy toes

Does anyone know if any of the ships sailing from Baltimore have a cabin that allows 2 adults and 3 children? A regular cabin not a suite. I am planning a family cruise and my daughter's best friends family found out. They are so very excited and would like to go. They have an 7yr old and 14yr old twins. We are very flexible. They really want to go but their budget is limited. So the line/ship won't be the big deal it could be for us. We just want them to be able to go. They cannot afford to get 2 connecting cabins. I have already pleaded that case. Thanks for the help.

not really sure....BUT sometimes, based on the 3rd pax rate, 2 cabins can be cheaper...

you may want to ask this on the main boards for the cruise lines...might get you a faster answer..

and when are you planning to go? there might be ships, but they may be full depending on dates

Thanks Meg. I will give them a call. Just want this trip to become a reality. They deserve a cruise and I am so willing to be flexible from my end to make it happen for them. I have to agree with you, a parent cabin with a connecting kid cabin would be what I would want to book but they need to see that it is either not possible on the ships sailing from B-more or that the 2 cabin option is less costly. Again, thanks!

sure..happy planning..

i wish that there was a way that the cruise lines booking engines could say..."oops, can't do that, but how's about this..." but i guess that would be WAAYY too hard!:confused::rolleyes::p

the ships probably have cabins that can hold 5 (like the RFS on some RCCL ships) but you'd have to call the cruise lines....

I can tell you that Carnival Pride does not have any cabins for 5 -not allowed under Coast Guard regulations. Carnival's older ships (2000 and earlier) do have cabins that allow 5, as does the new Carnival Dream.

Checked back, saw newest notes. Thanks so much. I wonder why the CG has regs about 4 in a cabin but then some ships can have 5. Both some older ones and some newer ones. I am not talking about suites which are way expensive for the average family, just the regular cabins. It would seem to me that if the CG decides something is not safe even a "Grandfather clause" would not cover the continued use of thosecabins. Oh well, I am glad they do remain on some ships. It looks like at this time they will be doing (what I suggested in the beginning) an adult cabin with a connecting kid cabin. It will be their best bet. Again, thanks for your help.

I can tell you that Carnival Pride does not have any cabins for 5 -not allowed under Coast Guard regulations. Carnival's older ships (2000 and earlier) do have cabins that allow 5, as does the new Carnival Dream.

BUT- Carnival Pride does have a balcony cabin that connects to an inside cabin--- 2 of these type cabins located on each of the higher deck.

Or look into two inside cabins that connect.

Or a balcony cabin with an inside cabin for the 2 teens.

Archived