Cruise to New Zealand - No Sun Princess

Hi all, just read that Sun Princess will not be sailing to New Zealand when I want to go - that is in October/November next year (2011).

So open for suggestions as to what ship I should sail on, but still prefer around the end of 2011. Any help available:)

John

Here is some info that may help you.

The Sun Princess will still be going to New Zealand but leaving from Brisbane instead of Sydney.

Dates from Brisbane ( 14 night cruises ) are 2/11/2011, 16/11/2011, 30/11/2011, 14/12/2011 & 28/12/2011.

The Sea Princess which is a sister ship of the Sun Princess will leave from Sydney.

Date from Sydney ( 13 night cruises ) are 17/10/2011, 30/10/2011, 12/11/2011, 25/11/2011, 16/12/2011 & 29/12/2011.

All the above are not yet on the Princess site, but shown on a online T/A site.

Regards

Alan

Hi all, just read that Sun Princess will not be sailing to New Zealand when I want to go - that is in October/November next year (2011).

So open for suggestions as to what ship I should sail on, but still prefer around the end of 2011. Any help available:)

here is the sun princess intinerary for 2011/2012 cruises to nz

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1214847

John / Jane

Diamond Princess 2011-2012 Schedule to/from New Zealand

16-Dec-2011 SYDNEY, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington, Tauranga, AUCKLAND

29-Dec-2011 AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), SYDNEY

11-Jan-2012 SYDNEY, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Akaroa), Tauranga, AUCKLAND

23-Jan-2012 AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Hobart (Tasmania), Melbourne, SYDNEY

Regards

Alan

hi John, the Sea Princess goes out of Sydney to NZ

17th Oct...30th Oct...12th Nov & the 25th Nov 2011

the Radience of the Seas go to NZ 20th Nov & the 4th Dec 2011 out of Sydney

bob

Hi John,

Good for us the Sun embarking in Brisbane, but woeful itineraries, already booked on the NZ for Xmas with the Diamond and Asia on the Sun for 25 days in June. So looks like we will be doing repeaters again at the end of next year.

Take Care

Hi Bob

You booked anymore yet. Glad we can cruise on a Princess ship from Brissie, although the itineraries are duplication of previous one.

Very disappointing.

hi John, the Sea Princess goes out of Sydney to NZ

17th Oct...30th Oct...12th Nov & the 25th Nov 2011

the Radience of the Seas go to NZ 20th Nov & the 4th Dec 2011 out of Sydney

bob

Hi Jane

I agree with you the Diamond a wonderful ship, we are on her this Xmas/New Year will be our second diamond cruise, that and the sapphire our favourites.

John the Diamond Princess usually does a cruise going to NZ late December - whilst I liked the Sun the Diamond would be my preference!

Jane

Hi Alan,

Thanks for sharing, looks like many of us been waiting patiently for new schedules, I notice the Diamond next year does not include a combo of Xmas Day and New Year, as they previously have.

Thanks Again

Lynda

John / Jane

Diamond Princess 2011-2012 Schedule to/from New Zealand

16-Dec-2011 SYDNEY, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Lyttelton), Wellington, Tauranga, AUCKLAND

29-Dec-2011 AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Wellington, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), SYDNEY

11-Jan-2012 SYDNEY, Melbourne, Hobart (Tasmania), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Christchurch (Akaroa), Tauranga, AUCKLAND

23-Jan-2012 AUCKLAND, Tauranga, Christchurch (Lyttelton), Dunedin (Port Chalmers), Fiordland National Park scenic cruising, Hobart (Tasmania), Melbourne, SYDNEY

Regards

Alan

Why are there so many cruises to New Zealand?

It's close, convenient and attractive to foreign tourists. Also, there aren't that many destinations available from the East coast - no point having every cruise to South Pacific Islands either.

I would suspect that the schedules for October next year in NZ will be out of wack because of the Rugby World Cup. Cruise ships being used as floating hotels in Auckland Wellington and Christchurch and availabilty of berths might be contributing to the odd schedule. It will be a big earner for the cruise lines, because they will be able to charge a massive rate and won't have fuel costs.

Archived