Do you have this Funship Freddy Frame?

McDebbie

If there's no visible opening on the back, my guess would be that you have to removed the plastic from the front. Just put your press your finger on the plastic that covers the picture part and move it down - it should flex enough to pop out.

Thanks but neither of those suggestions worked. I am beginning to wonder if you can even put a picture in it

Please only respond if you actually have the frame and were able to get it open, I am about ready to throw the piece of crap from China in the trash.

I got a fantastic idea.. Cut your picture in a circle shape, approximately the same size as the middle of the life ring, and push it in there. If it doesn't stick, maybe put some tape on the back of it.. Or you could just throw it in the trash.. You were probably drunk when you bought that thing anyways, right?

since it just holds a tiny photo 2.5" by 2.5" is their removable glass where it says fun ship freddy

I'm guessing it's got a thin piece of plastic there, which you pinch together to remove, then you put the picture in the same way, then you put the plastic back in over the picture. The same way you'd put a picture in a locket. Does anyone know what that is?

We got one for our grandson, first we pinched/slid the plastic off, used that as a template to cut the picture and then put the picture and plastic back in the frame. It was a little time consuming to do it without bending the plastic, but we finally got it in there and it looks good sitting on his shelf with the picture of him with the pirates in Grand cayman.

I'm guessing it's got a thin piece of plastic there, which you pinch together to remove, then you put the picture in the same way, then you put the plastic back in over the picture. The same way you'd put a picture in a locket. Does anyone know what that is?

Yup that's how you do it. It's a bit hard to do but it can be done.

• 6 months later...

We also received a couple of these frames as platinum cruiser gifts. After making our own attempts to use, my wife called Carnival and the instructions were to remove the back - it will be hard to do but remove the back. It worked but it was a little difficult. Use a butter knife or something with a thin edge but not sharp like a knife. Use two! Gently insert the knife between the rubber and the black backer board and pry up; popping the backer board out from under the rubber frame. Then move around the frame and insert the second knife and pry up releasing the backer board. Move around the frame repeating the second step and you can finally pull the board away from the frame. Trim your picture and slide half or more back into the rubber frame and then using the knife, pry up the rubber frame popping the backer board and picture into place.

We also received a couple of these frames as platinum cruiser gifts. After making our own attempts to use, my wife called Carnival and the instructions were to remove the back - it will be hard to do but remove the back. It worked but it was a little difficult. Use a butter knife or something with a thin edge but not sharp like a knife. Use two! Gently insert the knife between the rubber and the black backer board and pry up; popping the backer board out from under the rubber frame. Then move around the frame and insert the second knife and pry up releasing the backer board. Move around the frame repeating the second step and you can finally pull the board away from the frame. Trim your picture and slide half or more back into the rubber frame and then using the knife, pry up the rubber frame popping the backer board and picture into place.

Platinum and first post? Where ya been? :p (Welcome)

Sounds like more trouble than it's worth.:(

We just received this "gift" on the Valor, 12/5-12/12. It quite simply looks like something that we might have received as a prize at Camp Carnival. We simply gave them away to 2 children on the ship, who also weren't very impressed, and it's now their problem on how to get inside for picture placement!

Archived