Music Asia!!!

FlyboyUSA

I don't know if they jump boat to boat but me and my fiance and two friends saw the group music asia aboard the carnival valor last year. If you sail the valor you must see this group if you are into classic rock!! I thought i was watching journey live!!! If anyone has any info on if they jump around boats please let me know!! Thanks a bunch!!!

We saw them in 2007 on the Facination. They are the best cover band I have ever seen. The lead guitarist nails the Freebird solo.

Do a search, I read recently that they are on the Sensation. This was, I think, a couple months ago. Not sure where they are now.

We saw them in 2007 on the Facination. They are the best cover band I have ever seen. The lead guitarist nails the Freebird solo.

Do a search, I read recently that they are on the Sensation. This was, I think, a couple months ago. Not sure where they are now.

hey spidey fam! first respone to a post of mine on the site! WOO!! lol yah they were amazing, we were walking past a lounge on the valor and heard dont stop believin and we thought it was the radio! haha

Are you sure about the name Music Asia?????????

I ask because we have a favorite band that we've had the pleasure to sail with several times but their name is Music Manila. They are excellent!!!!!!!

Are you sure about the name Music Asia?????????

I ask because we have a favorite band that we've had the pleasure to sail with several times but their name is Music Manila. They are excellent!!!!!!!

Same style of music, different bands.

Thanks so much, OP, for answering my question. One for you - were the band members asian? If so, there are many "Music" something bands on a lot of CCL ships. I think they are all managed by one person and there are many groups and each of them has "Music" in their names. I have seen at least two of them; but cannot remember what the second part of their band names are.............it's killin' me. I'm thinking maybe Music Mix and Music Party.

Anybody? Anybody?

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anybody seen Music Network or know if they are still playing. These guys blew my mind, and I have been lucky enough to be on 3 cruises they were on. They played a lot of hard classic rock and did a 30 minute medley of Queen songs which included Bohemian Rhapsody in it's entireity. If you're familar with the song, you can't even imagine 4 Filipinos, who can barely speak English, being able to play it without hacking it. I've never even seen a cover band attempt it, but these guys made it seem easy. My jaw was on the floor. Best cover band I have seen, on land or sea.

Sorry to hijack the thread, but has anybody seen Music Network or know if they are still playing. These guys blew my mind, and I have been lucky enough to be on 3 cruises they were on. They played a lot of hard classic rock and did a 30 minute medley of Queen songs which included Bohemian Rhapsody in it's entireity. If you're familar with the song, you can't even imagine 4 Filipinos, who can barely speak English, being able to play it without hacking it. I've never even seen a cover band attempt it, but these guys made it seem easy. My jaw was on the floor. Best cover band I have seen, on land or sea.

All of these bands are good about super long medleys. They are all excellent - we got the entire Eagles medley........too funny. They are Filipino.........and yes, I have seen Music Network - on the Valor a couple of years ago.

We had Music Manila on the Fantasy in March '09. They were absolutely

fantastic!!

Sadly,even though I may be wrong, I think that none of the Music XXXX

bands are with Carnival now...at least from what I have been hearing.

Music Manila was the highlight of the cruise for me and my son...especially

him.

He was invited to sit in on the drums for a song, but he was too shy to

play in front of that many people. The invite was enough to make him feel

good though.

I don't know if they jump boat to boat but me and my fiance and two friends saw the group music asia aboard the carnival valor last year. If you sail the valor you must see this group if you are into classic rock!! I thought i was watching journey live!!! If anyone has any info on if they jump around boats please let me know!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Yes ! They are very good saw them on Sensation in May.The bass player (older fellow) said they were all from diff. bands thrown together by an agent.

fantastic!!

him.

good though.

A lot of the "Music" bands are still around. Music Motion were on the Miracle, they left recently and were replaced by Music Unlimited.

Most of the Filipino bands are named "Music ........." and they are still around on a lot of the ships.

I'm also in agreement about Blood Power, great musicians & great guys to boot!

Hi Flyboyusa; Music Asia is still on the Sensation until the first or second week of July and then they go on vacation. I will hear from them as to there next contract sometime around August or September. My husband and I usually book our cruises just to see them. We have known them for several years. They are a great bunch of guys. If you want to hear something all you havee to do is ask. They can just about play anything you want.

They were on the Spirit last November Thanksgiving cruise and they are awesome. They played Pour Some Sugar on Me and sounded like Def Leppard. We had all kinds of silly props, funny glasses and such, and they wore them while they played. I hope to run into them again.

fantastic!!

him.

good though.

Music Manila was on the Conquest this past February..... They are so successful, I hope they don't go away.......

Agreed!!! We saw them on the Fascination in 2007 also. They are awesomely good! The last night of the cruise, the crowd was calling for encore after encore and would barely let them go. We've been looking for Music Asia ever since!!:)

Yes they jump around from ship to ship. The contracts go at least for 8 months on one ship. Then next year they are assigned another ship.

My personal favorite is "Music Boardwalk". Although I have heard "Music Mix" and "Music Unlimited". They are all very good but "Music Boardwalk" does an awesome "Freebird". I hope these bands don't go away. I also would love to hear "Blood Power" someday.

Hi Flyboyusa; Music Asia is still on the Sensation until the first or second week of July and then they go on vacation. I will hear from them as to there next contract sometime around August or September. My husband and I usually book our cruises just to see them. We have known them for several years. They are a great bunch of guys. If you want to hear something all you havee to do is ask. They can just about play anything you want.

That's what I do for "Music Boardwalk". I usually wait until around December when I hear where they will be next. Right now they are on the Freedom until August so by December I'll know.

Music Manila was on the Conquest this past February..... They are so successful, I hope they don't go away.......

I have been hoping they were still around, but havent seen anyone mention

anything much about live bands for the last several months.

Does anyone know how to find out a schedule of who is what ship and when?

I am hoping for some good music on the Elation next month.

(wow, it sounds good to say next month)

There wasn't much on the Triumph back in January.

There's a question. Does anyone know if we can tract these bands, like the piano bar players are being tracked? I've booked cruises based upon the piano bar player and I might do the same for the Music bands.

Two Dream cruises, and they had lackluster bands: "Blackjack" and "Elite Show Band". Some liked them, but they could not (would not?) play sets of Floyd, Queen, Zep, etc...:mad:

I started looking through my photos, and only found THREE of the bands - they were all GREAT! (Though I have had the pleasure of a few other MUSIC bands as well)

BLOOD POWER: (Sensation)

301086379_g5gD4-M.jpg

MUSIC NETWORK: (Legend)

171353547_jUegS-M.jpg

MUSIC MANILA: (Glory)

175391223_m382c-M.jpg

Honestly, these bands are SOME OF THE BEST THINGS Carnival has going for them. Again - I could not believe their "FLAGSHIP" (Dream) did not have any of these guys!!!:rolleyes:

Tom

We saw Music Network on the Inspiration over New Years 2008. What a rockin' band and great bunch of guys! We got to know them pretty well and they can play anything from Journey to Queen to Lynyrd Skynyrd all the way back to 50's do-wop. Can't wait to see which "Music _____" is on the Dream in Sep 10... anybody know?

1244938296_Cruise08033.jpg.0b3bbf6963709329f29b866cb679d481.jpg

• 1 year later...

Hi FlyboyUSA!

My family and I just got back from the Carnival Splendor in July. We watched Music Asia perform every night. They were the best entertainment by far on the cruise. This is the last week they are going to perform on the Splendor. They are taking 2-3 months off then they will sign an 8 month contract with another cruise. Robert (drummer) is suppose to contact us and let us know the next cruise they will be on. I cant wait to see them perform again!!!