Do you pay for all beverages/food?

dnrcim

Sorry if this has been asked a million times...Couldn't find the thread... Do I have to pay for all beverages and food on the cruise? I'm confused as to what beverages are free. And...I've read threads quoting prices on food. Are there certain areas that you have to pay for the food?

Thanks in advance....

Basically almost ALL food on the cruise is free - the only food you would pay for is if you eat at the supper club ($30 surcharge per person) or get something from the Cafe onboard (e.g. cake, chocolate covered strawberries, specialty coffees etc). You should also tip for room service delivery (altho the food is free).

As for beverages - on the Lido deck there are free drink dispensers with water, iced tea, lemonade, hot coffee, hot tea, and hot chocolate. In the morning there are 'juice dispensers as well as milk cartons (juice is free in the dining room and milk/chocolate milk always available on buffet and in dining room) You can also get 'free' cappuccino and espresso after your meals in the dining room as well.

You will have to pay for soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, wine (altho you can bring 1 bottle of wine per adult onboard and a 12 pack of soft drinks/water per person in your carryon).

Hope this answers your questions!

Sorry if this has been asked a million times...Couldn't find the thread... Do I have to pay for all beverages and food on the cruise? I'm confused as to what beverages are free. And...I've read threads quoting prices on food. Are there certain areas that you have to pay for the food?

Thanks in advance....

Other than the "Steak House" on some CCL ships (additional fee)... all your meals (including room service) are included in your vacation package.... complimentary drinks will be coffee, tea, juices and hot chocolate.

Only on newer ships is there a pay dinner restaurant, but you can eat free in the dining room or the buffet, or even pizza or the deli.

lemonaide and iced tea is free, and coffee, and juice in the morning, but soda is not free.

capachino and espresso is free in the dining room but not free if you go to the coffee bar where they have lots more choices of upscale coffees. soft serve ice cream and yogurt is free, but regular ice cream isnt free from the ice cream shop, but it is free in the dining room with lunch and dinner.

Included:

Meals in Main Dining Room, Buffett, 24 hr RoomService, Pizza, Sandwich bar, IceCream.

Coffee, Hot/Iced Tea, FruitPunch/Lemonaide type drink, water. Juice at breakfest

TeaTime Treats (sea days--check the NewsLetter in your cabin for the time)

Not Included:

Adult Beverages

Soda, Juice from bars

Speciality Resturant (ie Steak House on certin ships, = optional 'elegant dining')

"foo foo" coffee (lattes, fraps etc) and pasteries at the 'coffee shop' (included with 'foofoo' coffee purchase)

Make more sense now?

Food is included in the price of the cruise except for specialty restaurants (like $30/person for the meal) and desserts in the specialty coffee shop. As for drinks, alcohol and sodas aren't free. Included drinks are iced tea, lemonade, plain coffee, at breakfast-OJ, milk, and I think there's a couple of others. I'm sure others will give you more info.

Most of the food is included in the cruise price. The exceptions would be the Supper Club (if you opt for that) and the special bakery. Drinks that are free are coffee, tea, iced tea and lemonade, along with juices at the buffet in the a.m.

You can purchase a soda card...worth it if you drink more than 4 or 5 sodas a day....then all your sodas are included.

All alcoholic beverages are charged to your sail & sign card.

Archived