Port of toulon

Our itinerary on Mediterranean cruise says our first port is Toulon but have had info from operator in Toulon that we actually dock in La Seyne Sur Mer with shuttle buses to Toulon about 20 minutes away, can anyone who has been on previous cruises confirm or clarify this info.:confused:

The information given to you is correct. I was on the voyager in May and the ship docked in "La seyne-sur-mer" just opposite the Port of Toulon.You can actually see war ships such as the aircraft carrier "Charles de Gaulle" docked in the naval base in Toulon from the cruise ship.

I've scanned a map of la Seyne-sur-mer (http://picasaweb.google.com/rccl.voyager.of.the.seas/SeyneSurMer#5481887084509632818), the ship docked where it says "Vous êtes ici". I've also located the docking position of the ship on google maps (Where the green arrow is) (http://www.google.fr/maps?q=43.104887,5.897412&num=1&sll=43.125161,5.931112&sspn=0.065168,0.128059&ie=UTF8&ll=43.106999,5.897942&spn=0.07294,0.181103&z=13).

The larger ships such as Voyager and Adventure have to dock in La Seyne Sur Mer, but I understaood that smaller ships like Brilliance can get into Toulon.....?

This is what I have read as well. I am on the cruise with the OP.

Archived