Rent-a-Car question

bhbm

I always start with travel sites like orbitz.com, travelocity.com, etc. to get an idea of rates.

I also check with the credit card company for the card I will use (you will need a credit card) to see if they will cover me for loss or damage on the rental car so I know if I need to buy the extra coverage from the car rental company (can make a big difference in the rate).

I also make sure that I reserve the correct size of car taking into consideration the number of people and the amount of luggage I need to transport.

Once I have nailed all that down then I would check websites for references or opinions on specific companies.

Most of the major rental companies do not charge for dropping off the car at another location in Florida. I have picked up a car in FLL (Hertz) and returned it here in the Melbourne area. Ran about $50 total, sometimes a lot cheaper than parking at the port, specially Miami! A lot of folks will do the same thing, picking up a car at MCO and returning it at Cape Canaveral for a sailing out of Port Canaveral.

Also be aware that there are often very hefty fees for one-way rentals.

beachchick

Not in Florida!

We've used both Budget and Avis in Port Canaveral/Cocoa Beach. We found discount coupons online.

Archived