Your favorite Stockholm restaurants

We'll be in Stockholm in July for three days post-cruise. What are your favorite Stockholm restaurants for lunch or dinner? I'd appreciate any suggestions.

We like almost any cuisine. We'd prefer somewhat moderately-priced meals (by Stockholm standards) if possible, as we'll have just had some very nice, rich meals on the cruise. Thanks!

Hi

Just received an email from a friend on the Princess cruise this week and she told me Princess was unable to stop in Stockholm yesterday due to weather?? What is going on in stockholm??

Just curious?? does this happen often? I am anxious to see your city but worried that I might not get there?

Thanks

Robin

Hi

Just received an email from a friend on the Princess cruise this week and she told me Princess was unable to stop in Stockholm yesterday due to weather?? What is going on in stockholm??

Just curious?? does this happen often? I am anxious to see your city but worried that I might not get there?

Thanks

Robin

It was pretty windy the other day, pretty rare around these parts. The Stockholm archipelago is very narrow in places so I can see where they might think twice about trying to navigate a ship that size through there in high winds.

Like I said, winds like that are rare here.

Al

• 2 weeks later...
the food court in the gorgeous dept. store, NK. You can get stuff to go. There is a top of the line food market not far from downtown http://www.saluhallen.com/. This is an incredible place w/restaurants & food stalls. There is also a state wine store close-by that will blow you away! Enjoy.

Is this very far from where the ships will dock (RCI) ? What currancy do the food stalls need ?

Is the Swedish Kroner & right now it's about 7.75 per USD. They won't accept USD but I'm not sure about Euros. Credit cards are an option at the restaurants & at the Dept. store but probably not at fresh food stalls. If you're staying anywhere downtown Stockholm, the places mentioned will probably be convenient. We stayed at the Hilton & they were a fun & scenic walk.

Archived