south beach restaurants

mttwinmom

does anyone have any recommendations for kid friendly places to eat (not burger king type places). We will be staying at the Sagamore and will be without a car. The youngest are 4yr olds so they are able to do some walking, just not miles. Is Texas de Brazil Miami Beach within walking distance and is it kid friendly. What about Barton G? We like most any type of cuisine, just not fast food. Thanks for any info:)

does anyone have any recommendations for kid friendly places to eat (not burger king type places). We will be staying at the Sagamore and will be without a car. The youngest are 4yr olds so they are able to do some walking, just not miles. Is Texas de Brazil Miami Beach within walking distance and is it kid friendly. What about Barton G? We like most any type of cuisine, just not fast food. Thanks for any info:)

If you go to Barton G, go early. Not really kid friendly at all more of a romantic place.

Texas de Brazil is over on Alton Road on the Biscayne Bay side of South Beach. While two adults could walk this, it would be too far for your four year olds. I'd take a cab. Is it child friendly? Again, probably not because it is so clubby and loungy. If you go, go early and early in South Beach is 6PM.

News Cafe

Pizza Rustica

Davids II

Puerto Suagu

Big Pink

Outback Steakhouse

TGI Fridays

Johnny Rockets

Sushi Samba

Smith & Wollensky (outside)

Tap Tap

If you're staying at the Sagamore, you'll want to explore Lincoln Road. It's a lovely pedestrain mall right off of Collins.

There are tons of cafes with in and outdoor seating. Folks bring their dogs and stoll, window shop and just enjoy the weather.

I like the Van Dyke Cafe, they have a great menu. There's also a Parmalat Gelato store.

Barton G is very nice, but could easily run $100/pp with wine. Probably not a place I would bring a child.

thanks. I checked out Big Pink and Van Dyke websites, both look great. We will, for sure, make it to Parmalat Gelato.

I forgot Van Dyke. Excellent suggestion and owned by the same people that own News Cafe.

While expensive if you like sushi, Sushi Samba is some of the best on the planet. Kid friendly but expensive. The California rolls run about $20 bucks each but are made with real crab.

I was considering Barton G. because of the over all clever presentation with their menu (at least from pictures I've seen). It looks like a fun place to eat. We love sushi, even the 4 yr olds eat California rolls, so Sushi Samba will be on our list too. Thanks for all the input, I really appreciate it. Has anyone ever had any experience with Sagamore's restaurant? I haven't seen much information, good or bad.

Archived