Downtown Miami 3* for $46/night - ID?

Maple_Girl

Hi,

I found a 3* hotel in Downtown Miami on lastminutetravel for $46/night. I'm having a terrible time trying to figure out what hotel it is. Can anyone venture a guess? The price is right, but I'm a little nervous since I've never been to Miami. I don't want to stay in a dirty hotel in a scary area. Help!

Here's the hotel info that I was given:

Room Includes: Air Condition, Cable/Satellite TV, Hairdryer, High Speed Internet Access, Iron & Ironing Board, Microwave, Private Bath, Refrigerator, Telephone + Voice Mail, Wake-Up Service.

General Description

Accessible to many local attractions

Affordable accommodations

City views and exceptional service

Close proximity to business district

Close proximity to historic district

Close proximity to major attractions

Close proximity to shopping district

Classic accommodations

Great combination for business and pleasure

Located minutes from Miami Design District

Local Attractions

Close to local attractions such as American Airlines Arena

Nearby outdoor sport activities

Recreation

Outdoor activities

Outdoor swimming pool

Restaurants & Lounges

Nearby restaurant

Services

24 hr front desk service

Meeting Facilities

Fully equipped business center

Accommodation

Traditional rooms

It also listed that the hotel has room service, pool, business center and a free buffet breakfast.

Thanks so much!!

Never mind, I found it. It is the Midtown Inn. Looks sketchy!

Here's how I found the hotel name. Found this posting on FlyerTalk Forums:

No need to Google, or to guess You don't have to Google or to guess to determine what the mystery hotels are.

LastMinuteTravel is owned by a Florida company called Tourico Holidays. Tourico has their own site that exposes the hotel ID's, which are the same across sites.

So, for example, when you click on LMT for the 2* Kissamee deal, you go to a page with this URL:

Code:

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

Note the Hotel ID is 1739.

Now, plug it into this URL

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=____&provider=localTgsProvider

replacing the underscores with the ID from above. In my example, that's:

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

It's exposed as the Howard Johnson of Kissamee. This should work for all the deals, and any other LMT "undercover" hotel.

(Link to the post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11885582-post37.html)

Thanks Swag!!

We got a good deal on Priceline for the Hilton downtown. On the weekend it was a bit of a ghost town but the property itself was fine for 1 nigt pre-cruise.

In the begining of the year during the college football bowl season I think we paid about $59 plus tax.

Maple Girl, When are you traveling????

Anytime you see that kind of "Can this be real?" rate in the downtown of a major city....RUN!!! And did you notice it lists a "private bath" as an AMENITY!:eek:

What is your budget and WHEN are you staying? This will give us some info we need to help you.

Thanks. Yes, the hotel 'amenities' are laughable. Although, I'm shocked to see that they offer room service. I'm really glad I was able to find out what hotel it was before I made my decision.

I've jumped on the Intercontinental offer that a few folks are getting from LMT.

Maple girl, I added some info re staying the night in FLL instead on the other thread you posted on last night. Head there for another idea if the IC doens't work out for you. Altho, if you get it at a great rate you can afford, go for it. You can walk over to Bayside Mall for dinner that night and breakfast the next day. Cab to the port from there in the morning will be around 10-12$ or so.

Thanks E. I think I'm all set. Going to stay at the Intercontinental. Looks very nice!!

Oh great!!!! You'll love it and the location to Bayside Mall the evening your arrive will put you in the vacation mode quickly!!!!:)

Never mind, I found it. It is the Midtown Inn. Looks sketchy!

Here's how I found the hotel name. Found this posting on FlyerTalk Forums:

No need to Google, or to guess You don't have to Google or to guess to determine what the mystery hotels are.

LastMinuteTravel is owned by a Florida company called Tourico Holidays. Tourico has their own site that exposes the hotel ID's, which are the same across sites.

So, for example, when you click on LMT for the 2* Kissamee deal, you go to a page with this URL:

Code:

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

Now, plug it into this URL

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=____&provider=localTgsProvider

replacing the underscores with the ID from above. In my example, that's:

Code:

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=1739&provider=localTgsProvider

It's exposed as the Howard Johnson of Kissamee. This should work for all the deals, and any other LMT "undercover" hotel.

(Link to the post: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/11885582-post37.html)

Thanks Swag!!

This is excellent information and thanks for posting!

Many times www.LastMinuteTravel.com will give away the information in the hotel listings.

For instance, when I booked the five star Hotel Victor in January, the rooms were listed as Victor Standard, Victor King, Victor Suite, etc. The same with The Standard Hotel (Standard King, Standard Suite, etc).

Code:

http://www.lastminutetravel.com/Page...calTgsProvider

Maple-Girl

Where did you find the code 1739. I can't see it. Thanks!

It is in the url not on the webpage. Took me a bit to find it also.

Thanks for the info on finding out which hotel is listed on LMT. It's not only good for Miami area but other cities as well, which is very helpful to a frequent traveler looking to spend the least possible, like myself!

Hmmm... just tried the website- awesome code breaking BTW!

The IC is not available right yet- they will let me know w/in 48 hrs. I think DH and I must be traveling during the wrong season because I keep having issues snagging us a good deal while everyone else is doing so well. Darn you July travel month :D

Will try again later if needed- hopefully I will find something in the next day or two :)

NY2NH2008 - I had the same problem for the same month. When I called to ask a few questions the (nice) customer service operator said that this means that all the rooms are booked and they will hold us on a wait list for 48 hours to see if anyone cancels.

So - seasoned Last Minute surfers: in your experience have you been able to get the room after being on a wait list?

If you don't have a cancelable hotel booked, don't wait, especially if looking at prime time. Super discount site users rarely cancel. It's not like they are hunting for a better deal. It would only be if they changed their travel plans.

Check out travelzoo, hotwire,easyclicktravel and all the others too. There may be inventory at other sites. Each is given only so many rooms dependent on the hotel's projected vacancy rate for a specific night. And yes, if varies day to day.

I LOVE this site! Great hint from MapleGirl and great advice from eandj...

While waiting my 48 hours to see if the IC lastminutetravel deal gets confirmed, I went to Travel Zoo and got the Marriott Biscanye Bay for $89 a night. I can cancel the Marriott (yes, I checked the restrictions/cancellation policy) if the IC doesn't come through. I'm sure the IC is nicer but I can live with the Marriott! :)

Thanks for the info on finding out which hotel is listed on LMT. It's not only good for Miami area but other cities as well, which is very helpful to a frequent traveler looking to spend the least possible, like myself!

For the life of me I can't get this thing working! grrr Any help? I'm checking a Chicago hotel ID 16427. Just not able to get the number into the url.

For the life of me I can't get this thing working! grrr Any help? I'm checking a Chicago hotel ID 16427. Just not able to get the number into the url.

Did you find it yet? When I put that code in I come up with the Ambassor East Hotel

http://www.touricoholidays.com/en/PageHotelDetail.aspx?hotelId=16427&provider=localTgsProvider

Just delete the 16427 after you go to the above link and substitute the next code you are interested in.

Archived