Does Dealer Have To Hit Or Stay on 17?

Just another observation on the BlackJack tables.

All tables use an automatic card shuffler (except Fun 21). So after mixing all 6 decks of cards before the tables open, after each hand the dealt cards are put into the automatic shuffler. This way you never know what cards are coming out. With a regular shoe, you can somewhat keep track of how many aces, face cards, etc. are left before the cards are reshuffled by the dealer.

You cannot do this with the automatic shoe. Also, we found that 9 times out of 10 if the dealers first two cards totaled 11, they drew a face card for 21. Most people were winning the first two days of the cruise, but we saw very few winning by day 3. It almost seemed as if they sucked you in and then beat you to death.

Give me the odds in Vegas, AC, or Foxwoods anytime.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Just another observation on the BlackJack tables.

All tables use an automatic card shuffler (except Fun 21). So after mixing all 6 decks of cards before the tables open, after each hand the dealt cards are put into the automatic shuffler. This way you never know what cards are coming out. With a regular shoe, you can somewhat keep track of how many aces, face cards, etc. are left before the cards are reshuffled by the dealer.

You cannot do this with the automatic shoe. Also, we found that 9 times out of 10 if the dealers first two cards totaled 11, they drew a face card for 21. Most people were winning the first two days of the cruise, but we saw very few winning by day 3. It almost seemed as if they sucked you in and then beat you to death.

Give me the odds in Vegas, AC, or Foxwoods anytime.

Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

9 of 10 times the dealer drew a face to hit 21 (on their 11)? Kind of sounds like the luck I just had on the NCL Sky. I was playing a shoe game -- at $25 and higher they don't use the CSM. The very first shoe I played (solo) was a massacre... the dealer broke only THREE times throughout the entire shoe. If he showed a 10, I would usually bust trying to get to 17 (and he would then show his 5 or something):rolleyes: -- if he showed a 5, then I would not risk busting.. though he would typically have a 5 or 6 underneath and proceed to clobber me!

OUCH! :eek:

Tom

Aha- found you... how did you liek the Solstice??? Are you back to Carnival forever?

Hello there!!

The Solstice was VERY nice - a ship I would definitely sail on again. Carnival, mainly thanks to their lack of real perks for LOYAL past guests and suite guests, does not rank as high with us as they used to. The still have a very good overall product, though with a few holes.

How have you guys been doing?

Tom

Archived