Magic is going to................

Legend

Now a MONTH!!!:eek::eek:

i think that's just speculation...

i asked my PVP about the prevailing theory of magic/triumph in galveston, conquest/ecstasy to new orleans... after she confirmed magic TA to galveston when i first read it here... and her response?

'i have not heard anything yet, but... you were the first person to tell me the magic was going to texas, so i am going to bet my money on you that this is the case :)'

i really don't think PVPs are as 'in the know' as they make it seem sometimes... :rolleyes:

Just remember, if the Ecstasy and Conquest come to New Orleans and if the Triumph goes to Galveston, they can not go straight there or even go to Cozumel, Belize or Roatan first due to the Jones Act.

They would have to visit a far-away port first and no Central American port is classified as a far-away port, so this means they would have to go to a port like Aruba first before going to their future home port.

So if they do change ports, we will have some one-time new itineraries that might be very interesting to book. So save a place on your schedule for these repositioning cruises in September, October and November 2011. :)

It is the Passenger Vessel Services Act, not the Jones Act. And, since New Orleans and Galveston are close, Carnival could simply move the ships without any passengers.

OK, you helped us solve that part of the puzzle. Since Ecstasy sails on September 3, 2011 and then not again until September 22, 2011, and does not go into dry dock as you state, this means that the Ecstasy will be making a 19 day cruise on 9-3-11.

Now, who wants to speculate as to where it will go for these 19 days?

Because wherever it ends at will be it's home port until April 30, 2012 where it will make 4 and 5 day cruises.

The Ecstasy is going to New Orleans.

Galveston & New Orleans at the poker table;

Galveston to New Orleans; "we'll see your Conquest class ship (Conquest for an almost Conquest-class Triumph) and raise you one Dream-class ship (Magic)".

New Orleans looks and sees all it has is one Fantasy-class ship (Ecstasy) and says; "we fold".

:p:D

OMG, now *thats* funny I dont care where your from!!

Yeah, but he also said yesterday afternoon....

So then, out with it. How many gags did you order? :confused:

Ok....Monday when all of this started I "heard" that since this was a slip up that they had planned on annoucing weds but may move it up to tues...and I "heard" I may get to say something (meaning just part of what I know) tues cause they may just announce it tues........but then after I posted that yesterday I "heard".... "ok, all hell's done broke loose, at CCL and they will tell CC what their plans are today......CC was informed (yesterday's sticky) that it would be within a few weeks.......then I "heard" even more things...AND THEN Fun Ship Freddy showed up at my house to gag me and made an offer I couldn't refuse. :eek:

.and y'all think YOU are stressing?.....lol:p:D

i think that's just speculation...

i asked my PVP about the prevailing theory of magic/triumph in galveston, conquest/ecstasy to new orleans... after she confirmed magic TA to galveston when i first read it here... and her response?

i really don't think PVPs are as 'in the know' as they make it seem sometimes... :rolleyes:

Or your PVP just wasnt telling you?? How could a PVP not know Magic's TA ended in Galveston ..it was on their computers. How else could other PVPs be booking people on the TA if it wasn't entered into their computer??

Maybe your PVP wasn't in the know ...but sounds like a whole bunch of other PVPs knew...and started booking people on the TA.

Just remember, if the Ecstasy and Conquest come to New Orleans and if the Triumph goes to Galveston, they can not go straight there or even go to Cozumel, Belize or Roatan first due to the Jones Act.

They would have to visit a far-away port first and no Central American port is classified as a far-away port, so this means they would have to go to a port like Aruba first before going to their future home port.

So if they do change ports, we will have some one-time new itineraries that might be very interesting to book. So save a place on your schedule for these repositioning cruises in September, October and November 2011. :)

I wouldn't expect all of them to do repo cruises. Usually Carnival just sails the ship empty to the next port.

For example

Fantasy- Mobile to Charleston

Miracle- FLL to New York, etc.

Ok....Monday when all of this started I "heard" that since this was a slip up that they had planned on annoucing weds but may move it up to tues...and I "heard" I may get to say something (meaning just part of what I know) tues cause they may just announce it tues........but then after I posted that yesterday I "heard".... "ok, all hell's done broke loose, at CCL and they will tell CC what their plans are today......CC was informed (yesterday's sticky) that it would be within a few weeks.......then I "heard" even more things...AND THEN Fun Ship Freddy showed up at my house to gag me and made an offer I couldn't refuse. :eek:

But today IS Wednesday ... and you didn't tell. So are you talking about NEXT Wednesday when you said Wednesday??

Tell Fun Ship Freddy we will give him an offer he can't refuse if they don't let you tell us of what you know.:D

Why are so many posting Nov. 14, 2011?? :confused: According to the itinerary, the Magic arrives in Galveston on a Sunday which is the 13th.

Because if you read back, you will see we are looking at the Magic dates, and it shows it leaves on the 14th, one day after it arrives in Galveston. I think someone posted it might be a charter and might not be open to others... its still all pretty unclear to me.

Why are so many posting Nov. 14, 2011?? :confused: According to the itinerary, the Magic arrives in Galveston on a Sunday which is the 13th.

Could she be staying overnight for travel agents to visit after her long trip over the pond? ;)

But today IS Wednesday ... and you didn't tell. So are you talking about NEXT Wednesday when you said Wednesday??

No they were suppose to announce this weds but with the glitch/slip up...they just said.....hold up....lets get things organized and do this within couple weeks....that would be my guess :)

Or your PVP just wasnt telling you?? How could a PVP not know Magic's TA ended in Galveston ..it was on their computers. How else could other PVPs be booking people on the TA if it wasn't entered into their computer??

Maybe your PVP wasn't in the know ...but sounds like a whole bunch of other PVPs knew...and started booking people on the TA.

i think i emailed her before her work hours started... so she may have seen that, before 'notification' of the 'slip up', since that's apparently what it was, and this thread started at 9.45am as the first 'notice' that i'm aware of publicly... i think she starts at 11am

sure, a bunch did, that day... she did, that day.. just apparently not before i emailed her... frankly, i'm not even sure how competent she is because my old (good) pvp isn't there any longer :o

No they were suppose to announce this weds but with the glitch/slip up...they just said.....hold up....lets get things organized and do this within couple weeks....that would be my guess :)

Darn it!!! Now I wish there wasn't the slip up!!!:(

We LOVED Fairbanks....

we were there the week of July 4th....about 3 or 4 days before July 4th and everywhere we walked....total strangers were wishing us a Happy July 4th.

I had never experienced anything like that. We stayed at the Springhill Suites right there in town and ate at Soapy Smith's ..... good food but odd people working there....

I was there for four years. The residents are not quite as perky when it's 70 below zero. :)

Archived