i need info on magic cruise europe excursions

robb21

In Gibraltar I've done the Rock Tour through DCL before and it was great, especially if you don't like cable cars. I've been told for slightly cheaper you can rent a taxi to give the same tour from just off the boat.'

In Cadiz we didn't do a tour but instead walked around the village ourselves, heading right when we got off the boat and following the coast around. There was a pretty park about 1/2 way around that we got ice cream in. There was also a nice beach and a fort area we could see. When we got around the other side by the Museum/Church we then cut through the town centre and headed back to the boat. It took around 1-2 hours to walk around I think and was wonderful. I'm glad we didn't do a tour as this was very pretty.

• 2 weeks later...
In Gibraltar I've done the Rock Tour through DCL before and it was great, especially if you don't like cable cars. I've been told for slightly cheaper you can rent a taxi to give the same tour from just off the boat.'

In Cadiz we didn't do a tour but instead walked around the village ourselves, heading right when we got off the boat and following the coast around. There was a pretty park about 1/2 way around that we got ice cream in. There was also a nice beach and a fort area we could see. When we got around the other side by the Museum/Church we then cut through the town centre and headed back to the boat. It took around 1-2 hours to walk around I think and was wonderful. I'm glad we didn't do a tour as this was very pretty.

thank you

Robb

the Gibraltar taxi tours are a good way to see Gibraltar and offer good value for money. The taxi drivers all speak English and act as your tour guide.

As long as you get off the ship reasonably early you should find a taxi - if not walk the 1 km into town (follow the crowds) and through the arches you will see a taxi rank just beside Pizza Hut - you will find more taxis there.

I recall enjoying walking around Cadiz

I would go on the port boards or Trip advisor to find out more about your other ports - if you do your homework I think you can usually get a better trip and for less money than the cruise company.

Archived