many new to cruising questions

softballmom

Does anyone know of a good self-tanning lotion? What do you wear on your feet for stingray excursions? Do you need some sort of water shoes or just go bare feet? ( we will be snorkling also but I don't know if you wear the flippers to see the sting ray) Can my 20 and 9 year old just wear shirt and tie to formal night or do they need a jacket?

Stingray city --vendors will not allow you to wear anything on your feet. Going barefoot you will be able to feel if you are stepping on a ray. Wearing any kind of shoes you cant.

You didnt mention what cruise lines you are sailin gon- Carnival /Royal your kids will be fine in a shirt and tie.

We are going on Carnival and I have read some posts that say you must have a suit( and my husband will) but I hate to buy one for the boys esp. the little one who is growing like a weed. Thanks for the info on the foot wear. I never heard this before.

Some cruise lines are not picky with dress. (the people may be but not the cruise lines)

My dad never in his life wore a tie..and he surely didnt wear one when we cruised. My mom wore a dressy pant suit. As longas its not shorts, tank top and a bathing suit your kids will be fine.

Does anyone know of a good self-tanning lotion? What do you wear on your feet for stingray excursions? Do you need some sort of water shoes or just go bare feet? ( we will be snorkling also but I don't know if you wear the flippers to see the sting ray) Can my 20 and 9 year old just wear shirt and tie to formal night or do they need a jacket?

We wore nothing on our feet for the Stingray Tour. As far as dressing your kids with coat and ties....NOT NECESSARY! For the 2 formal nights, we saw kids dressed in nice shirts with slacks. Some had on ties and some didn't. I don't think it really matters. I would NOT buy a coat for either. On Carnival a sports jacket (Navy) with a white shirt and nice tie would also be acceptable for the formal nights. (If you don't have a dark suit) for your husband.

The main thing is to relax and ENJOY yourselves and not be worried about what you are wearing and what others will think.

Gail J.

As for tanning, I just used Comodynes self tanning towelettes that I bought on QVC. They are great, easy to use and didn't have streaks.

You may also want to consider one of those new tanning salons with the SPRAY ON tan. You stand without any clothes and it sprays you. I think it lasts about 7-10 days. No harsh bulbs and no danger for the skin.

Gail J.

I got a spray on tan. was fine and looked very nice.--until I got into saltwater. I was blotchy white & brown for the next 4 days!! Chlorine & freshwater are fine but not saltwater. and I asked specifically beforehand.

Archived